Check your expriry dates

misfish

Wow what a brain fart I had. Went to buy some 00buck today,was asked for my card, :oops: expired 2006. WHAT?

Get the number to call.and get a great lady on the other end. She asured me all was going to be ok.This was after she told me my lic had been pulled and I was in possesion of ieligle guns. :w00t: Had me sweating at that point.

Turns out there was an anmisty til next may.So give her my info,wouldnt you know it,she was born here in Barrie and left as a young girl (she told me she was in her 50,s).She asked about the happening here and if things had changed, as she got me all straighten out. I think what made this so easy aswell,she was a hunter too.

So needless to say,I have all the new forms coming to sign,Im back in the good books and can still hunt.Just cant buy ammo til my new card comes.

Sometimes you hit the right day and the right people working for the goverment.

Sry,the anmisty is for the POL only.

Edited by misfish

mine expires on oct 1st of this year ...i didnt send in my renewal until last week because i had forgot. says they need at least 3 weeks to process it so i have my fingers crossed.

the reminder letter they sent me stated that if i do not have my new license by my birthday that i will be in illegal possession of firearms and they may be confiscated. :mellow:

mine expires on oct 1st of this year ...i didnt send in my renewal until last week because i had forgot. says they need at least 3 weeks to process it so i have my fingers crossed.

the reminder letter they sent me stated that if i do not have my new license by my birthday that i will be in illegal possession of firearms and they may be confiscated. :mellow:

Give a call my friend.

1-800-731-4000

It will be in thier files.

I was told they/MNR/OPP and the local police have access to the system.

Like I mentioned,you have til May of 2010.

Glad I caught it now.

Man,this should be like the boaters lic.One time.For the POL anyways.

PAL I can see it just adding your new gun,by phone, with numbers.

I dont need anymore fire power, then what I got.

Edited by misfish

Ah, ya, and this is how the grand scheme to get rid of guns unfolds. You miss a deadline and all of a sudden youre in possesion of illegal firearms and the police come to take em away.

Meanwhile, the criminal element has no PAL, POL, proper storage, mumbo jumbo, yadda yadda yadda, and they keep their guns.

Whats wrong with this picture? <_<

I let mine run out too. I had no idea until the police called my house to inform me of the situation. The officer also asked if he wanted me to have him come over and take my guns away. I declined on the offer and eventually got my license renewed. Only took me a year to get around to it.