Scugog Fishing Adventure

MCTFisher9120

Today was a great day, perfect conditions and a few fish for myself. I met up with a friend of mine and a fellow OFC'r Fish-Miester for a afternoon's bass fishing. Once we got out onto Scugog I got to fish solo for awhile using a bow mount trolling motor :blink: I got the hang of it and off I went for a hour or two, some of you are laughing because there soo easy to drive but hey give me a break i made it out and to the dock in one piece lol.

I did alright, caught a small 1lb largie and a perch on a crankbait

ScreenHunter_01Sep172055.jpg

Then the not so largemouth

ScreenHunter_02Sep172055.jpg

Well once the time was up it was time for us to do some dock fishing, a first for me. Using my spinning combo with braid I started to flip docks and odd pieces of brush. Not to long into out trip i catch the only and last fish of our team adventure.

Was a nice 2lb largemouth and my first this year on a jig, Fish-Miester had on a few but it was a tough bite, not really slamming the baits.

Victory

ScreenHunter_03Sep172055.jpg

And the release

ScreenHunter_04Sep172056.jpg

As the sun dropped i shot a few pictures and on our way home we went

ScreenHunter_05Sep172056.jpg

Perfect conditions

ScreenHunter_06Sep172056.jpg

Thanks for reading, feels good to be back at the bass action again!

Yours Truly,

MTBF B)

(Thanks again for the adventure bud)

Nope...just another story without pics....I don't believe you have a friend :P

Lol, hey I didn't want to say too much as he wanted to be referred to as my "guide" for the day(his boat) lol. He made perfect pitchees but didn't come out with any bass, like I said had a fish or two on but...they got away.

Next time my partner will catch some. :P

still got time to fish? How's school?

I guess you gotta get out when you can ... you'll probably get busy soon and the white stuff is going to come down... can't believe summer's gone already

Ya, I got time to fish just not the tools to get there lol. This week has not been to bad, last week was orientation week so we did nothing at all but listen to teachers and get handouts. I have a few bigger assignments due in a few weeks time and math that I can do on the spot but aside from that, fishing this evening off shore with the jig here I come!

haha ya, it was a good time but i think i would have done better if i did more paying attention haha perfect flip or pitch under a dock.. start talking then realise my line is dancing .. then set the hook.. and nuthing.. well thats how the day went for me..

but all in all it was a good time, normally i would have went solo there.. wich isnt all that bad.. but its good to get out on the water and not have to talk to yourself.. lol

haha ya, it was a good time but i think i would have done better if i did more paying attention haha perfect flip or pitch under a dock.. start talking then realize my line is dancing .. then set the hook.. and nothing.. well thats how the day went for me..

but all in all it was a good time, normally i would have went solo there.. witch isnt all that bad.. but its good to get out on the water and not have to talk to yourself.. lol

Ah well, it was a great time! Next time parhaps we can use the motor and head across the lake and do some jig fishing, and I'll help out with the expenses a little more lol, maybe in a week or two.

Anyway, good luck on your next time out, maybe some sweaters would be a good idea eh lol

Take Care,

Mike