Moving a Hydro Pole on your property

Jds63

Hey'yall

I have a vacant property up north and the road leading to the property has a hydro line along the road. Where my property begins the line cuts across the property on a bend , with 1 pole on the property then the next one is back along the road. I already knew about this when I bought it and figured I would deal with the issue when were ready to build a cottage.

Has anyone got a hydro pole moved or know from experience how much it would cost ... I figure we need to move it 20-30 ft ... I have a call into Hydro One, waiting for a contractor to check it and give me a quote but just wondering if anyone may have gone through this process.

Cheers

It should not cost you anything if the pole is truly on "your" property and you want it removed.

Chances are though, that they have an easement running thru your property, therefore the original placement of the pole. If that is the case and you still want it moved, I can tell you it will not be cheap.

thanks guys,

I am not expecting it to be free .... my initial consultation with Hydro One office, the lady indicated that a contractor will have to asess it ...

My lawyer told me that the hydro line is a non registered easement, the property was severed and sold back in the the 1950's. The pole limits where I can build a cottage, so if I moved it 20-30 ft I would have a lot more options as to size and location of a building. If I can convince them that it would be easier for crews to maintain the line if it ran along the road and not through my property ..... just a slim chance that i might get a deal.

After Bell repairmen entered my property and left the gate open allowing my dogs to escape, I called them and said i would be sawing down their pole that weekend and calling the police to have anyone who entered my yard charged with trespassing unless they were there to move the pole (which was in the center of my backyard..which I didn't care about until then). I had no bell services so I didn't care. They moved it.

if its on ur property they should move it, we had that issue at my uncles place and bell and hyro fought over who owned the pole... we had the lines cut by hydro and told them both to get lost, took a backhoe and tore it outta the ground, installed a new one in the proper place we needed it, and then had them hook up the utilities. but threated that if they screwed around we would send them a bill for rental use for using the pole we installed ourselves lol