Skyway Salmon Challenge

Spiel

Sunday afternoon I took a drive down to the Skyway Salmon Challenge to watch the weigh-ins. I knew there would be a few OFC'ers there so I figured what better way to spend a few hours.

Right away I stumble upon Fish Farmer and fishfarmer2 coming in empty handed. :whistling:

Shortly afterwards I see Sonny who also came in empty handed! He did however win the Fishmaster Walleye derby the day before, congrats Sonny. :thumbsup_anim:

Now this is where it gets interesting. Out of a field of nearly 100 anglers only three fish are brought to the scales and they're all under 11lbs. The previous days of east wind really seemed to have scattered the fish. Anyhow the third place winner who had been out fishing all by himself was also the recent week 7 Salmon Derby winner, that's right......Tonyb.

Congratulations Tony, was a pleasure meeting you.

Oh and I hope your wife left you a little change for yourself. :D

Nice seeing you guys too! It was really tough fishing out there this weekend... :dunno:

I thought I was going to get skunked before I even started...literally!..first thing in the morning, waiting for the blast off, out of nowhere a skunk appeared and tried to climb into my boat!!! :o

IMG_0031Medium-2.jpg

IMG_0033Medium-5.jpg

I fished Bronte, 16 Mile, and Port Credit river mouths for staging mature Kings until about 11am at which point I headed to deep water to try to hook a 2 year old fish. The strategy ended up paying off, but talk about tough!

I also managed a chunky Steelhead out there, which I was hoping was a Chinook, but it wasn't...still a great fish though.

Here's a couple shots...

Big Steelie!

IMG_0034Medium-4.jpg

And the oversized shaker :blush:

IMG_0037Medium-4.jpg

Sometimes you gotta give up the plan that isn't working and try something completely different to get results...

Tony