Lund ProGuide 1675

troutologist

I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading my current watercraft situation. Have been looking at the Pro Guide 1675. With a 75 Yamaha tiller.

Im looking for any input or experience with this boat. So far some things I've learned were there is no factory trolling motor plug at the bow (needs to be put in). Also the downrigger mounts that are supposed to work on the sport track system won't work on this boat due to narrow gunwhales. Neither are deal breakers but the type of info I hope to find out first.

Does anyone have experience with this boat. Is it a good layout for fishing? What is the difficulty of steering a larger tiller? I have driven a 50 and it can be a work out in bad weather.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

nothing like driving a motor until your arm goes numb..

that said, tiller really opens up the floor space.

maybe you just need to toughen up a little there farley mowat.

That would take some hanging on to in rough weather wide open.

Not so easy to launch either

It certainly isn't that way in my case. I can steer my 60hp with one finger or lock it down if I need to. I also always launch the boat by myself even when I'm fishing with a bud.

And running a boat at WOT in rough weather is just silly. IMHO

That would take some hanging on to in rough weather wide open.

Not so easy to launch either

Now Dara why would a Tiller boat like the Pro Guide be more difficult to launch than a boat with a sterring wheel.

I have had both if anything driving the boat onto the trailer is easier with a tiller because you don't have to back at the motor

to make sure its staight to drive it on the trailer.

i have a 17'4" Lund Pro Guide w/ a 60hp Yamaha Tiller on the back.

i have owned it for almost 10 years now.

i have used it for EVERY species that can be caught in ontario (seriously).

if you have any questions about it, let me know.

i can be reached at steveUNDERSCOREschmelzleATmountaincableDOTnet

to answer your current questions.

the gunnels cannot run tracks. i use down easters. i run 3 per side. i run an 8 rod spread on lake ontario for salmon as well as on quinte for walleye.

there is no trolling motor plug at the front. however, "my" version of the boat has the trolling motor batteries stored at the front, so there is no need for a plug.

my arm has never went numb....like roy, it can be used with 1 finger.

AND IF your motor has the variable rpm button, you'll have the best trolling motor available..no need for a kicker.

hope this helps,

Steve

I have a 2006 Lund 1700 Explorer with a 75 tiller. It's essentially the same boat you are currently looking at. I am very pleased with this boat, handles exceptionally (ask ChrisK) and is no more difficult to handle than my old 25 tiller.

The sport track does have a downrigger mounting bracket that allows me to place the riggers anywhere along the gunnel with no drilling required. I'm not sure why the newer model has no outlet for the bow mount electric? Mine was prewired fore and aft for electric motors.

My only regret, not getting the 1800 with a 90 tiller. :D

med_gallery_9_87_139781.jpg

gallery_9_87_38924.jpg

Now Dara why would a Tiller boat like the Pro Guide be more difficult to launch than a boat with a sterring wheel.

I have had both if anything driving the boat onto the trailer is easier with a tiller because you don't have to back at the motor

to make sure its staight to drive it on the trailer.

I was mostly thinking of where he is...Wawa...and there aren't real good boat launches up that way.

Thinking the 75 is going to take some depth. Thats all.

You are in the Wawa area right Troutologist?

I was mostly thinking of where he is...Wawa...and there aren't real good boat launches up that way.

Thinking the 75 is going to take some depth. Thats all.

You are in the Wawa area right Troutologist?

Just moved from SSM to Winnipeg. Thanks again for the input. Im really liking the looks of those tiller rigs!