So far this year..

Welcome to the site!!

Not trying to be a smartass, but do you eat the suckers? Just be wary of their toxin levels.

I don't know your experience level but in some lakes they are not safe to eat.

Nice pics...thanks for sharing!

:)

No I don't eat the suckers. Depending on the fish, I like to keep them for a photo op and then I release them :)

Uh-oh...this may get ugly fast.

First off...Welcome to the board, and nice Fish...congrats on them.

Secondly, guys here will jump on you very quickly on "picture etiquette", such as stringer through the gills if you are taking them for a photo opp and then release them and also having them lying on the ground...Just a heads up.

Uh-oh...this may get ugly fast.

First off...Welcome to the board, and nice Fish...congrats on them.

Secondly, guys here will jump on you very quickly on "picture etiquette", such as stringer through the gills if you are taking them for a photo opp and then release them and also having them lying on the ground...Just a heads up.

Well the bass I kept and ate.

The sucker, well, its a sucker... too many of those :) And it was only on the stringer for a minute whilst I took the picture.

Welcome to the board Ultyma316. Well you sure get around to different locales, even though you don't get out much.

Ya, as previously said, if you're gonna release fish, it's not a good idea to keep 'em on a stringer because of the damage that can be caused to the gills. Best to take a quick photo and release the fish right away.

Fishing is learning, so keep at it!

Is'nt a sucker just a big minnow????---like 5 bucks a doz down at the corner bait dealer---suckers if you so desire. for lake trout.

So I would trust that anyone who would dump on this post over a minnow would never have baited a hook with one in the past.

Man this uber conscience police stuff gets a little carried away at times----here's a novel idea----go fishin

Bushart

No probs there Mikester---not gonna get on the bad side of a guy who catches a steelhead like in your avatar

Your comment was calm and civil compared to some of the stuff flowin---like this poor kid who got pulled through the wringer backwards cause he kept a 5 lb fish to eat. Here he is proud as a new poppa and wham right between the lookers.

Funny when a couple 5's get killed in the name of tourney $$$$$ --it did'nt draw the same fire----it was ok'd cause they were'nt wasted and eaten---same result as the kid---go figure.

Thus my reply to this thread

I know what ya mean 'bout the bashing, Bushart, and I agree!

And to Ultyman 316, I fish below Wilkes too and it's a nice stretch for Smallies. Funny how so many people go right up to the dam while miles of good water below the dam await, eh?

Yeah that little ledge is usually packed with people.

I fish in that little side channel sometimes too, where people think there are no fish, but theres lots. I've got a few big smallies , catfish and suckers over there.

I still have yet to catch a pike in my lifetime. I really want to experience the fight of a bigger fish.

Last time I caught a big fish was a carp when I was like 5 years old, and my reel exploded it was so big, so I had to pull in the line with my hands. (lol, I know I could have seriously hurt myself, but I was like 5).

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would post what I've got so far this year. I've only been out about 5 times.

5280_254918250191_644550191_8448631_3033104_n.jpg

Looking forward to participating on here!

I think that sucker is of the 'silver redhorse' variety, not the very common 'white sucker' you see around here.

Keep bass, I find them delicious battered and cooked in the oven.

As for the tips on how to handle fish, what to do and how to do it, it is needed so new guys can understand things, I have benefited a lot from that. The problem is when you keep within your limit and get blasted for keeping them!