Temagami

Cudz

you'll find the walleye in temagami pretty easy, they usually school with the unicorns. seriuosly, i dont know much about the surrounding lakes but walleye fishing in temagami is tough going!!! the portage lakes are better, and being smaller easier to fish.

I guess it all depends what you are getting on the water with. Canoe, Jon boat, Bass Boat, etc. etc. Cassels and Rabbit have been good for walleye this season from what a friend tells me. Red Squirrel has not been too bad either. Blueberry lake has some good bass I know of from past experience. Thieving Bear has been a dud. Temag has been producing walleye as well. (location,location location).

Pike are a plenty in many area lakes.

Well there's fish down there.. getting them to bite is another thing !

Screen shot from Saturday

Yeah that is what my buddy said. He was up there last week and got soaked. He desperatly called me and asked me to ask on OFC if there were any decent lakes.

He said he marked a fair bunch of fish but ended up with about 15 bass (2 days hard fishing with another guy as well) 6 pike of no real size and 1 herring. He said when the screen was lit up on the fishfinder he ended up catching a herring on a williams.

On a side not he said the scenery was phenomenal.

I was on Temagami 2 weeks ago. Yes the walleye fishing was tough. I've been there other years and did pretty well. This time was different. We caught 2 walters in 3 days. We caught plenty of nice smallies and a few average pike. Leeches were definitely the bait of choice. I deliberately left the down-riggers at home this time so I would concentrate on walleye.

I camped at Finlayson Point for the first time. the park was fine and the rental slips were great except that there is no hydro at them to recharge trolling motor batteries.

Jack.

all i can tell you is i was there in early august and i did well on walleye..triangle bay and south arm... also night fishing always produced great walleye...lake trout were still high when i was there and caught no lake trout tons of bass just trolling over humps...hope this helps

I was on Temagami 2 weeks ago. Yes the walleye fishing was tough. I've been there other years and did pretty well. This time was different. We caught 2 walters in 3 days. We caught plenty of nice smallies and a few average pike. Leeches were definitely the bait of choice. I deliberately left the down-riggers at home this time so I would concentrate on walleye.

I camped at Finlayson Point for the first time. the park was fine and the rental slips were great except that there is no hydro at them to recharge trolling motor batteries.

Jack.

Well Jack if you ever have that problem again just come over and tie to my dock (straight across from site #11) and I'll shuttle you back and forth while your boat charges.

Edited by irishfield

Wow Irishfield, thanks for that offer. B) I might just come a calling someday. I just re-registered here but while I was on the lake there I remembered that an OFC'er had a palce on Temagami and that he had a plane as well. I saw your plane, boat and place and really that's what motivated me to register again. I was somewhat regular on the board while I was living in St. Catharines and also at first when I moved to the Parry Sound area 5 years ago.

Sounds like you've had yourself a trying summer. My sincere condolences.

Again thanks for your offer.

Jack.