Anyone heard of such a reel?

rbaquial

Hey Folks,

Just curious... Has anyone heard of the ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR C5 Series?? I've never heard of it.... just off this "1" particular place.

If anyone has, lemme know...I'm not too sure it even exists? :dunno: :dunno:

I'm only asking because back when I was in the market for a ROUND BAITCAST REEL, I never came across this name/model. Maybe discontinued?????? :dunno:

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by A2F

Hey Folks,

Just curious... Has anyone heard of the ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR C5 Series?? I've never heard of it.... just off this "1" particular place.

I'm only asking because back when I was in the market for a ROUND BAITCAST REEL, I never came across this name/model. Maybe discontinued?????? :dunno:

Thanks,

Rob

A few hits show up on google. Mag X

Some dating back to 2002

http://fishing.about.com/library/weekly/ne...ws020204abu.htm

Don't see a C5 at the Abu site http://www.abugarcia.com/cat.php?k=132487&sk=132487

Saw a few c5 hits on ebay too.

Edited by Syn

Guest skeeter99
Hey Folks,

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by skeeter99

If you are not sure of something

there is this new thing out there called GOOGLE just type in thing you are looking for and if it exist anywhere I mean anywhere it will show up

Serioulsy? Where can I find this? Do yo have to be a member or pay a monthly/yearly fee?

Your other option, if you have a question about a fishing reel, is to ask on OFC. That is what I would do. It is afterall a fishing forum. Legit question A2F.

Serioulsy? Where can I find this? Do yo have to be a member or pay a monthly/yearly fee?... I have a little Google I can turn you on to, 1/2 a gram for $50 or a whole gram for $75... every gram thereafter is $600.. *caution* may be habit forming!!!

Your other option, if you have a question about a fishing reel, is to ask on OFC. That is what I would do. It is afterall a fishing forum. Legit question A2F... Yeah, but when you open your mouth before you do the search, it makes you look lazy/ignorant

I have a C3 Ultra Cast 6500 old one, C4 5600, C5 5600, & 2 other more expensive ones & a spinning reel, I will not be buying another, seem like 2 of them are always needing fixed, the line guide is the big one it will go to the right & fill the spool til it stops, they tell me you need to clean the worm gear every time you use it, I have mostly Shimano's, a couple Quantum PT's, a couple Extreme's & just bought 2 Diawa Pro 100 HL's, non of them have this problem & they all get cleaned once or twice a year if they need them or not & they always need it

Richard

PS: If they fix this problem the reels are great, if not they suck :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

i have one too but my handle has come off and it is a left handed thread and i cant find the nut for it ...Excellent reel

If what you are looking is available anywhere in Canada these guys will have it.... or something darn close. The only drawback is the 25.00 minimum order in the showroom. However you can usually find something to buy to make up the difference. I have had a couple of issues finding different threads over the years and they have always had it even when the manufacturer said it wasn't available any longer LOL.

http://www.spaenaur.com/

It is ok to be ignorant. That is not a crime. Neither is slothfulness. He clearly knew it existed at some point but obviously wanted to know if it was a whorthwhile reel. Again, legit question.

Thanks Cudz - I DID have intention on looking it up - but it was only AFTER I posted the thread, that I realized I was being Lazy/Ignorant. :P