Rice Lake report with the gf

frozen-fire

My first real outing after the trip to Scugog where I got the muskie :)

Decided to try Rice for the first time this year. I had no idea there was a tournament going on, so I figured it wouldn't be such a good day.

Despite seeing lots of tournament anglers and many other fishing boats out there, we did okay!

Lots of smaller fish, nothing to brag about B) At least they kept us occupied.

Fish were caught jigging visible weedlines. I was going for walleye but came up empty handed. spinnerbaits didn't produce, topwater in the evening by the pads and scum didn't produce.

Here are some pics of the earlier ones we got that day. Most of the fish were clones. Seemed to be exactly the same size... born the same year I guess. We stopped taking pics cause it seemed like we were catching the same fish over and over again haha.

034.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

Nice bass frozen-fire. I'm with your girlfriend on the bass fishing, more of a fan of pike and crappie. Musky is still #1 with me though. Congrats on getting a musky on Scugog. I must have been at the cottage when you caught it and missed the report. Looks like you had very calm conditions for Rice.

Jeez! All you young guys are killin' me here. Nobody told us back in the antediluvian days that pretty girls fished.

Who knew? If only I'da had a hint I'd never have given up fishing way back then.

Not that giving it up helped me get pretty girls anyway. Even the sports cars and the long neck 5 string (yeah, yeah, yeah, there was a very brief time when guys with banjoes were considered cool) didn't do it. Girls didn't seem to appreciate my better-than-average abilities with a 4 speed shifter either. I'm slowly coming to the realization that mebbe, just mebbe, I was kinda ugly or something. My ego is still slightly bruised after all these years.

Man. If only I hadn't quit fishing for so long. I think I got you young pups figgered out though. You really don't care about the fish. You just do it fer the wimmen.

Smart. :P

JF