Fishing Saskatchewan Report

JohnAB

Well was back home at the cabin in Saskatchewan. Met up with Rob aka holdfast and we headed to a lake north of his place in Big River called Hackett Lake for some fishing. I must admit it was with some trepidation that I met Rob based on some of his comments on here but I am happy to report he is a good guy and a most generous host and not at all as he sometimes comes across on here. We had a lot of fun fishing and I am hoping to get back up that way the August long weekend with my boat so we can try Delaronde Lake.

Rob with the first pike of the day

IMG_0827.jpg

My first pike of the day

IMG_0828.jpg

First walleye of the day

IMG_0829.jpg

Rob's biggest walleye

IMG_0830.jpg

My biggest

IMG_0831.jpg

Rob with the stringer for the day

IMG_0833.jpg

Will improve the photo taking the next trip.

Thanks for posting that John!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

I've been watching for this post since Holdie posted his report, I hope he posts the rest of his pics now.

Nevermind Holdies gruff exterior, underneath that Drill Instructor Sargent persona lies a little fluffy puppy! ;)

Looks like y'all had a great time and I wish I could get up there and have a chance to fish with both of y'all!!!

More Photos. looking Forward to try that Huge Lake Deleronde John. All I know is past the Narrows is great fishing. A days ride in my Boat if the water is calm

P7040052.jpg

I would say John caught most of the Walleye using a minnow. I was doing great till I lost my Micro Jig. For some reason I kept loosing my fisjh when brought up 2 Feet from the Surface. I tryed small hooks, Larger hooks. Deep Hook sets, Light hook sets, and no hook sets. Still they were letting go. Almost a dozen in a row.

P7040053.jpg

P7040055.jpg