Can someone explain this to me?

I posted last night giving 4 options as to where I might fish tonight, and asked for any feedback. Really I was just trying to be an active member and I certainly was not asking for anyone to tell me where to fish (except in jest). Nonetheless, not one person replied with any constructive feedback in 24 hours.

With no disrespect to I'm Hooked, he posted the exact same post and get 3 replies in 3 hours. Not wanting to sound like a complainer here and I usually agree with the senior members when I hear people complain about lack of responses, but sometimes I feel that some people are just kinda lazy and don't bother giving back. Just saying as a PSA, I know everyone follows the posts they are interested in, but take a second to reply back to people even if you think you don't have the perfect answer. Its kinda annoying when you can see everyone viewing but noone bothers to reply.

Cheers

Well I guess it was kind of a pointless post, but I was trying to make up my mind and I thought that if people weighed in with what they would do, a consensus would help me make up my mind.

As it turned out I went to the pond above the dam, and got skunked which is normal there for the last couple of summers. After a while I went further up the river to the lawn bowling club and it was there that I realized that there probably wont be much good fishing there for a while: the river is completely devoid of any plant life. Not sure if that is normal for this time of year or what but I sure as hell hope so, or else that area of the Speed river is dead. It looked like the underwater equivalent of the moon, with a layer of brown silt covering everything and crystal clear water.

Needless to say I won't be going back there anytime soon.

Could be the time of the week too. I notice some posts will go untouched for a few days, and then BAM someone reads it, and it brings the post back up and everyone starts replying.. And sometimes you just need to watch the subject.. you want to make it something to attract peoples atttention.. Like "timmeh" mentioned, there is alot of non-registered guests that read the messages also. So I might look like 50 people read it.. But maybe 5-10 was registered users, and they might not have been from the area your lookin to fish, so they have no insight in regards to that area, so have no reason to post.

I read your post and couldn't think of anything constructive to add. To me, it's just as annoying to get a bunch of useless responses...I take the "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything!" approach. I think I'm saying this in the same tone you started this post with...so don't take it as an attack :) Besides, you went out, learned where not to go next time, which could be useful...one day someone may be wondering if they should hit that spot and you can jump in and steer them away from it. You have added to the insane amount of knowledge that this board has :lol:

more people looked at your post then his

he stated the area he wished to fish in the subject line, so people in the know were drawn to it

yours was generic, so people looked ,but people in BC, northern ontario couldn't help

I am sure if someone knew the spots they would help...I have no idea , sorry

You're beating a dead horse Mark. You asked the same question July 11th '08 and folks told you their opinion at the time. Find another piece of water you want to fish and work that one. In the meantime, the Speed may have recovered from whatever is happening there.

Sorry, I can't help you as I live 500 miles away and I don't know the area.

Good luck.