Warren Bay & rigging?

DanD

I’m heading up to the West arm of Nipissing (Memquisit lodge) and was wondering; would it be a waist of time bringing up my down riggers?

I know that most of the West Bay and arm is on average only 15- 20 feet deep; but there is a section of Warren Bay that drops down to more then 50-60 feet deep.

The last few times up there, I always mark fish suspended down at ¾’s the way too the bottom. I’ve tried jigging, trolling with deep diving body baits and weighted spoon and never had a hit. Am I still not deep enough, is it a waste of time and what do you think is down there; lakers?

I know it would be a lot of work setting up and then lifting gear because of the small area but if it meant another avenue of landing something, I wouldn’t mind trying.

Dan.

Thanks for the reply guys; it was just a thought I had last night when I couldn’t sleep. Kind of planing what I needed to get ready for this year’s trip to the West Arm and that’s when I thought of warren Bay and my riggers.

I guess it doesn’t make much sense in bringing them; it is a relatively small area and the only thing I’d likely catch is a snag and lose a cannon ball.

I’ll take your advice and try jigging that area again; maybe I’ll get lucky and find out what’s down there.

Only three more weeks before we go; I’m almost 50 and I feel like a kid filled with anticipation of doing something new. Well it’s kind of new; I’ve only been going up north for the last 15 or so years; that qualifies right? LOL

Thanks again for the advice.

Dan.

I can never sleep from being so excited before I go to the west arm. I usually end up leaving earlier than I intended so I dont fall asleep behind the wheel as I like to leave early in the morning to avoid traffic and make the most of my day when I get there. Good luck!