Walleye question

hey i know this may be a longshot. I am pretty well known on this board now though. I know all you guys are decent guys. i just got a boat that was given to me (65 merc and a 17 ft peterbrough boat). Well i would like to get out for some walleye in it. I have been searching all over this year, only catching a few here and there. I would like to ask you guys what lake would you reccomend for this weekend. I really want to get into some walleye. Pms are ok as i know that some spots are "special" as i have a few that i am willing to exchange for walleye information. thanks for the help and remember " your secret is safe with me" i am just really looking for some lakes that got a good population of walleye. Oh i must add becasue i am asking soo much i do have 1 spot in the boat for sat morning (3:30 in oshawa). If you would like to come out then all you got to do is get your butt to oshawa lol. anyways thanks for the help.

bigredfisher

From the Shwa, Quinte is less than 2 hours. It is ranked in the top three Pickereye spots in North America and holds resident trophy fish.

This time of year, I would troll flats with 1/4 oz cranks. Worm Harness as well.

HH

All the kawartha lakes are loaded with eyes. Pick one, learn it, and you'll get your fish.

They're all pretty much the same. Rice lake has been good for me this year, but mostly because its close to home. I do well in all the K-lakes for eyes, even if I'm not fishing them.

S.

Hey Daryl,

Erie is more than 2 hours away. If you are not interested in the Kawartha's, I would take BITEME.Esq's advice and PM Percher :) Best of luck, will be interested to hear how the new boat is and how you do

People may send you even to Detroit to get a pickerel :)The best way for you - is just take a HW # 7 or #41 to Ottawa direction - there are tons of beautiful small and big lakes, rivers everywhere and each one has some walleyes. To get that kind of fish you should know the spots there the fish may stay. Walleye is not a stupid bass to be everywhere. Read some publications, come to the lake/river and using your knowledge try to guess where the fish may stay. There is no even particular lure for it. It takes jig, crank, spinner, spoon (depending of the place, season and time). The easiest place to get a pickerel is Grand River (from Caledonia to Cayuga) - but there you need to investigate some holes after rapids (Prompt - do not use spinners now there)