NHL Awards - What the hell?

lhousesoccer

50 minutes. That's as long as I could make it. Awards shows in general are not my thing. A bunch of rich folks congratulating themselves and each other with awards and accolades (ie. Oscars, Emmys etc etc), but hey, I'm a hockey fan, so I usually watch the NHL Awards. I expected better things, being in Vegas and all. But come ON, Shaka Khan???? Really??? Her "solo" song 50 minutes in was the straw for me. Maybe she could sing at one time, like 2 decades ago, but she sure as hell can't now. Excuse me, Mr. Bettman .... how is this relevant to the NHL and honouring the greats of today's game????? B-O-R-I-N-G

Actually as a Hockey Fan I rather enjoyed the Show. I know it ain't the Academy's ( Actually I had more chuckles at the NHL Awards), but its got to be less boring than say Soccer. I liked the award for the person that gives to the community. Good on you Ethan Morrow.

Tim's speech about always wanting to find his name on a roster and never dreaming of seeing it on the Vezina trophy, was the highlight for me. I have always been a fan of Russian hockey players but acceptance speeches in Russian (with sub-titles) would have been better than watching them stumble through prepared English ones. As a fan of the Bruins, I know that Julien, Chara, and Thomas would all trade in their awards for the cup. That makes next season, one to look forward to, for me as a fan.

What about the move from toronto to Vegas??? Doesnt sound right to me.

I actually made the drive to toronto in 99 to see the awards show in toronto. It wasnt my cup of tea as far as entertainment when the show began. BUt it was fun to experience it in general. Watching the players walking into the ACC on the red carpeted front entrance was the highlite for me.

I actually heard on the radio this morning that Bettman is tinkering around with the idea of another NHL team in Las Vagas??? And thats why he planted the awards show there? If thats true, this guy gets goofier by the day.

What about the move from toronto to Vegas??? Doesnt sound right to me.

I actually made the drive to toronto in 99 to see the awards show in toronto. It wasnt my cup of tea as far as entertainment when the show began. BUt it was fun to experience it in general. Watching the players walking into the ACC on the red carpeted front entrance was the highlite for me.

I actually heard on the radio this morning that Bettman is tinkering around with the idea of another NHL team in Las Vagas??? And thats why he planted the awards show there? If thats true, this guy gets goofier by the day.

That is why he is a Buisnessman. Its all Buisness to him. Unfortunately he is changeing the game from what it used to be. canada always seem to want to do or compare themselves to the Europeans! Well Baby, Its being done in the NHL.

I dont think ANYONE can agrue, that Thomas was the number one choice. I understand he was one of the top rated goalies in the University league,just that his wieght was an issue.He sure trimmed down and had a great season.

Alex the great was a no brainer,but they need to work on their english.LOL

Show wasnt that bad.

I would have loved to hear ovies speech

"I vant to thank this for this trophy, i is just very happy, it it ah...ah.. is a very big honor, thank you" hahah i loved it last year

Jeremys was worse, and his Mother Tongue is English