Ever Catch a Record?

IMO We at OFC have some of the finest anglers around. So I'm just a little curious to see if any of you have any record fish, either lake records, species specific, international etc...I'm not going to expect a full thread full of responses but am just a little curious to see what some of you may of caught. I remember in the winter somebody on here caught what they thought was a record ling(correct me if im wrong) through the ice, so for me that's all i know about.

Thanks and lets see some giants.(or record small fish if you want :lol: )

MTBF

*Edit-Does anybody know a site on lake records for things like bass, pike, perch etc or are lake specific records more a local thing?

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I've been lucky to hold National Live Release Records for Brown Trout and Atlantic Salmon both caught in 1991 that are certified by National Fish Registry.

Record_Fish.jpg

Wow...three days apart...must of been on cloud nine

2 records in 3 days thats got to be a record to.

Lol anybody else remember Berkeley's $1k IGFA promotion? If you set an IGFA record with Trilene, you'd get USD$1k. Well that's all well & good, except that a few guys clued into the fact that alot of obscure fish didn't have ANY official records set, so you'd get guys going on an Alaskan trip for inconnu, and catch a 15lb'er on Monday, a 17lb'er on Tuesday, and a 19lb'er on Wednesday.....and all were records. Woot there's their fishing trip paid for, thanks Trilene! :D

At one time I was the 4lb & 30lb line class record holders for carp, helped pay for my first motorcycle in high school :D