Inverhuron Fishing

Stonecold

This is my first post so here goes....My family and I are heading to Inverhuron Provincial Park this upcoming weekend and was wondering if anyone could help a brother out as to what kind of fishing is available there? I have an 18ft deep V but do not have riggers.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated...I'm not looking for anyones Honeyholes, just some friendly advice.

Thanks in advance.

Stonecold

The provincal park does have a good little launch. Your 18fter should be fine there. The bay in Inverhuron is somewhat protected and you can race around it pretty good towing the children, compared to the big chop out in the big lake.

As for fishing, I've never fished out there, but would enjoy it even without downriggers. There's lots of rock structure to try your luck for smallies, and even some big eyes out there too. Around the corner from the park is the nuclear plant, and the outflows there are awesome to anchor in and cast heavy bait or jig. The flow is huge, so it's a little scary, I've been in the slower of the 2 outflows(outflow closest to the park is the main outflow, and further away is a lesser outflow)....have a look at goole maps and you can see the streams of warmer water heading into the lake. Lots of big bass and eyes roam around there. Acuatally all species hang out there.......gar pike, bass, eyes, pike, brown trout, steelhead, carp, catfish, drum,........ I'd also try some of the main rock piles, sand/mud flats and some shoreline structure for fishing too. Once on other bay on the other side of the nuclear plant (bay du dore) I caught a few drum, bass, and catfish on tubes from my kayak. I'd take it easy racing around out there, since there's lots of rock piles and structure which can be right under the surface.....Bay Du Dore is especially tricky for first timers, as is the few hundred yards out from the shoreline along the nuclear plant. Also, I think there's a few piles of rocks in Inverhuron Bay which might be very close to surface. One friend use to wade out to one rock pile in Inverhuron bay and catch bass out there all day long.

Thanks for the info Sconceptor, I appreciate the advise...Being new to the lake I'll probably keep my racing around to a minimum.

Are there any good spots around there as well to fish off shore? I have a few nieces and nephews that have never fished before and would love to get them hooked.

Again thanks in advance.

Stonecold

play around in the bay and you may pull some decent size browns if you do go off the bruce nuclear plant wander out about a mile off the outflow of "A" plant and focus in the water of 80 to 120 feet deep ...you WILL get salmon and lakers....or if you feel the need to go south from the bay ...just off of green patch( Halfway from Inverhuron to Kincardine) is piled up with salmon and lakers...

Dont forget your camera and welcome to the board and the Lake where you can eat what you catch)

with no riggers on your boat ....grab a couple of dipsy divers or lead core..it will get you down to where you need to be

Edited by Twocoda

There's a small river that runs along side of the park. Where it enters the lake is a pretty large pond and all the way upstream a few hundred yards is somewhat deep, 1ft -3ft. It usually contains some bass/panfish/catfish/chub/stocked brown trout maybe/carp. Upstream there's the odd hole, but it's mostly a good creek for muckin about and dip netting minnows and crayfish.

I'd say the creek is the best bet for getting kids into fishing.......bring dip nets for minnow, frog, tadpole, crayfish catching!!!!!