The Ohioiceman needs a new net boy/intern

hammercarp

I copied this from my carp forum. I made me laugh and I have to share it.

As my intern you will not be paid. You will not learn valuable skills on fishing cause I don't have any to teach you. You will not learn cool places to fish,I only

fish the Erie swim. You will not be required to work hard cause I don't catch many fish and no heavy lifting will be involved at least nothing over 5#.

There is only 1 rule: If you know the water in front of us is deep and one of those very nice 5lbers is going in the net YOU MUST HANG ON TO THE HANDLE!!!

ok really if anyone wants to come and fish Erie with me you are more than welcome, my sons have discovered girls and cars and after yesterday my wife will never go with me again, I work 4p-10pM-F and if I am not at work I am fishing.

Wife long story short,Black River,25fow,5 feet down to water from bank,nice fish in net makes a big tail splash,scares wife who falls in river, stupid husband yells "Don't let go of net!!!!" Since then wife has spoken to me twice she just repeats "don't let go of net?" and gives me a strange look.

Great story Lorne. I had a similar incident happen. A few years ago I decided to take one special lady angler to a quiet stretch of river for some steelheading. She fished quite a bit…More than any girl I’ve ever met and she was a trooper when it came to the cold and rain. She was new to river fishing though along with wading, rock hopping and felt sole boots.

I hook into a nice fish, engaged the clicker on the centrepin and handed her the rod. She was thrilled to fight her first ever steelhead. Got the palming technique just right within seconds…She was a natural with the pin. The fish runs downstream a bit, around a bend and into a pool where the bank is a fairly steep muddy slope. You might’ve guessed it…Mud and felt don’t mix and she was going in fast…

As she was sliding in, I made the mistake of yelling out, “Save the reel!”...Apparently a very BIG mistake. We left IMMEDIATELY afterward and it was a long and uncomfortable ride home. She was soaked and if it wasn’t for the SPF50 sunscreen I was wearing, she would’ve burned a hole through my head with those “what the hell looks” she gave me every 30 seconds. I’ve never been so afraid for myself and my tackle…

I guess that’s why I’m still single...

As she was sliding in, I made the mistake of yelling out, “Save the reel!”...Apparently a very BIG mistake. We left IMMEDIATELY afterward and it was a long and uncomfortable ride home. She was soaked and if it wasn’t for the SPF50 sunscreen I was wearing, she would’ve burned a hole through my head with those “what the hell looks” she gave me every 30 seconds. I’ve never been so afraid for myself and my tackle…

Hey how come you never told me about that story lol

THAT IS HILARIOUS!