Hurry Up and Bite Already !!!

dsn

It's been a tough season for carp so far, with the up and down temps and cold mornings and evenings. But they are slowly coming around. And I have seen some that have spawned an gone. But other areas they have yet to do their thingy.

This year is interesting hope it isn't going to be a nasty looking year for carp. They are getting nasty looking.

June104.jpg

June102.jpg

June103.jpg

Oh yummy !! Extra flesh to chew on !! :P

In the following pic I caught it while I fishing with MJL last week. Mind you he landed one with the same infection but this one was worse.

June105.jpg

June101.jpg

The fish from the begining and this one was caught today. Will be heading back out for more action. Hopefully.

Have fun out there.

DSN

Well glad you got into some anyway, no matter how ugly they are. lol Been a poor season down here too. The fish are up, not all spawning.. just not biting. Perhaps I need to change offerings this year. Not to mention the pesky channel cats moving in on my baits.

Much the same out this way. Haven't seen nor heard nearly as many and our catch numbers are way down compared to this time last year. Best of luck when you head out again.

The first one looks to me like the fish suffered a bad cut and the flap of skin healed over. The other looks like a lamprey scar. I am seeing more and more of that on carp. The scale pattern on the last fish makes it what some call a muddler. That is a partial mirror. You get to see some pretty horrific damage on carp and they still keep chugging along. A testiment to a very tough and resilient fish.