Wierd Vibration on my F-150 (NF)

Obviously the weird burning smell was from the rear seized caliper heating up and the gear lube giving off that terrible smell , but for the severe Vibration out of the blue causing the steering wheel to shake so bad he had to pull over.. :dunno::dunno:

I know Paul...it's driving me nuts!!....they have inspected the front end and everything appears to be good!!.....he took it out on the highway for a 30min drive this morning and couldn't feel any vibration :angry: .....oh well, at least I'll have new brakes along with the new tires I bough a couple of weeks ago and no BEER money for the upcoming trip :w00t:

Call Maitland Ford 705-759-4545 and ask for service.

Talk to the guy about your vibration.

I drive Fords. The guy says they do it, and Ford knows they do it, and they can't figure it out

This MIGHT sound nuts . . . . but have you even CONSIDERED a universal. I had one do almost the exact same thing on a Crown Vic years ago . . . I SWORE the whole front end was gonna tear itself loose! But it would qhit once I slowed down. It did this 3 different time in about a month, until one day after I slowed down I stepped on the accelerator . . . . P I N G G G G, and the drive shaft was floppin' around. If the front end has been checked, it's fine . . . . . your tires aren't gettin' chewed . . . have that universal checked . . . can't hurt to have a boo? <_<

I know this sounds crazy, but check for a stuck shock. A bud of mine used to be a mechanic for AVIS, and they came across something similar. Changed everything in the front end, and to no avail. Finally someone was looking at the truck from a bit of a distance, and said, the front end isn't quite even, one side is higher than the other. They walked back, took a look, and found a shock on side was seized(up, down, cannot remember). It never occurred to them to look at the shocks. Changed the shock, and everything was alright(after all the bushing changes, alignments, tire re-balancing, etc.etc. lol).

Hey Steve if the truck isnt fixed in time let me know, maybe we can work something out and you can use my truck. I aint kiddin either. I go for surgery next Friday so wont be driving for about a week. My Ram is more than enough to tow your boat and aint to bad on gas. Send me a PM if you want.

Don

Hey Steve if the truck isnt fixed in time let me know, maybe we can work something out and you can use my truck. I aint kiddin either. I go for surgery next Friday so wont be driving for about a week. My Ram is more than enough to tow your boat and aint to bad on gas. Send me a PM if you want.

Don

:o:o:worthy::worthy:

Don

Now that's what I call a generous offer Don!!....thanks bud!!....I'm getting the truck back today sometime and I'll take it for a good run tomorrow....the mechanic took it out on the road twice yesterday and could't reproduce the problem, so I told him to go ahead with the brakes and replace the leaking axle seal....

I'm glad to hear that you're finally getting that back problem looked after!! Good luck with the surgery and I've got tons of room in the pontoon boat for you.....Can you say MUSKIE ;) ....the season opens here on the Ottawa R. the day of your surgery, so what a better way to recoup then sitting in a comfy boat trolling a big bucktail around B)

Let me know....

Now that's what I call a generous offer Don!!....thanks bud!!....I'm getting the truck back today sometime and I'll take it for a good run tomorrow....the mechanic took it out on the road twice yesterday and could't reproduce the problem, so I told him to go ahead with the brakes and replace the leaking axle seal....

I'm glad to hear that you're finally getting that back problem looked after!! Good luck with the surgery and I've got tons of room in the pontoon boat for you.....Can you say MUSKIE ;) ....the season opens here on the Ottawa R. the day of your surgery, so what a better way to recoup then sitting in a comfy boat trolling a big bucktail around B)

Let me know....

Well Steve the surgery isnt for the back, I had surgery 3 months ago on my right arm and am now having the same surgery on my left one next Friday.

The back is a whole other issue but I can deal with that. After the arms heal I have to do 6 months of intense physio on the muscles in my back/shoulders because my muscles are not working properly and dont support my shoulders naturally like most people. I always have to tense them to support them and that leads to the pain.

And actually I have to leave now to the hospital for pre-op crap so I will talk soon.

Don

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......the pontoon is full ;):angel::whistling:....besides, I can't show him my "secret" spots.. B)

No problem with not showing me your Secret Spots Steve....I already know where the Monster Muskie 's hide out

But you never did get around Naming out your secret Trout hot spots ,, you know where you caught that 6lb Bu-T ...Speck................. :P:P

No problem with not showing me your Secret Spots Steve....I already know where the Monster Muskie 's hide out

But you never did get around Naming out your secret Trout hot spots ,, you know where you caught that 6lb Bu-T ...Speck................. :P:P

3611normal_hijacklive.jpg

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Well, I picked the truck up from the shop Wednesday evening and have put 200km on it so far without experiencing the massive vibration problem I previously had prior to taking it in :thumbsup_anim: ...

All 4 rotors were replaced, new pads front and rear, calipers were free'd-up/serviced and the 2 rear axle seals were replaced...

The real test will start early tomorrow morning when I leave for my week long fishing trip at Temagami...it's kind of hard believing that the vibration I experienced was caused by the brake issues, but hey, at least I now have new brakes and tires...

Steve

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

That's great Steve!!!

... now you can Go and STOP!!!

Glen....I won't be goin' anywhere if don't get the front lawn finished today and seeded :w00t: ...I decided to do the same darn thing you did and now I wish I never even mentioned it to the wife!!! :whistling: ....I better get off this computer and get to work!!....the clocks tickin' away and I hear the fish calling me!!!

IMG_0062.jpg

Glen....I won't be goin' anywhere if don't get the front lawn finished today and seeded :w00t: ...I decided to do the same darn thing you did and now I wish I never even mentioned it to the wife!!! :whistling: ....I better get off this computer and get to work!!....the clocks tickin' away and I hear the fish calling me!!!

IMG_0062.jpg

It looks Great Steve!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Artificial Turf is the only way to go or get a goat.....LOL

I agree, it looks VERY NICE ! ! !

He said he wants to grow grass not get a girlfriend...... ooops maybe I said to much here. Have a great trip I hope you get the big fish.

Art