Pinery Provincial Park

Mattones

Anyone ever been there? I may consider going there next weekend for a night with some friends. I didnt go camping last year and promised myself this year i would do alot of camping to make up for it. :canadian:

Also is the fishing good!? Looking forward to fresh fish!

Not much fishing opportunities in the Pnery. The exception being the river where it enters the lake. Panny's mostly.

Alternative would be to drive to Kettle Point and fish off shore at the point.

Most folks who go to the Pinery, typically are there to over-indulge in consumables, stagger, get up and stagger again!

Watch out for the Yogi's there, they have little or no sense of humour and will have no problems packing your site for you and dropping everything off at the side of the highway... please don't ask how I know that!

HH

Only experience I have with the Pinery is on May 24 weekend back with I was 16... With it being a dry weekend... it wasnt much of an experience due to the "Yogis" ... and the fact that it snowed a few days before we went.... spent the rest of a weekend in a friends cottage they rented.

Its a nice place but its about 2 miles out of town and there isnt any fishing there.

well I have camped at the pinery since i was a young lad. The fishing is actually descent. The river above the little falls where the canoes rentals are has bass and pike. They use to stock it with rainbows many moons ago ,but I think that stopped way back. Below the little falls(the tunnel which goes under the road) I have caught largemouth,pike,carp,crappies and loads of panfish. If you have a canoe fish on this side ,there are some weed choked bays that hold both pike and bass. There is also a good population of bowfins in there,man are they a tough fish.Rock bass,sunfish and perch are plentiful also.The lower side has the better fishing.