Bay of Quinte bite back on.

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

Well the storm on Saturday sort of set things back a bit and the bite has come back on yesterday afternoon and evening and went strong today. A couple of our customers and our staff member Glen Hales have been hitting the ice hard just lately and have produced some nice size walleyes. A hawg of 13 1/2 lbs. was caught and released as well as some 8 - 9 lbers released and a few in the 3 -5 lb range for eating. I will get the pics tomorrow morning when I get to work and post them.

They were fishing a couple of different places one being Point Anne which produced the big hawg and other areas are Peats Point and also coming from the George St. ramp. Another spot that is beginning to see some traffic is under the Belleville bridge where today I saw a couple of huts setup there for the first time and this place also yields some nice fish.

For some of you that are coming up on the weekend we are open at 7:00 am and Glen will be at the store working instead of fishing and he will be pleased to let you know all of the areas that he was fishing as well as what baits he was using. We do have a good supply of minnows and they are mostly mud minnows wth some shiners. Unfotunately I will be away this weekend and will not be able to join some of you out there on the ice.

The ice at Deseronto seems to be getting a little thin and in some areas I would not recommend going on the ice as a result of the currents being strong.

Remember to be safe and enjoy your experience.

Best regards

Sam

Thanks Lew,

Another important issue right now is that the minnow industry is drying up fast and I have 3 suppliers that can not supply at the present time due to demand of minnows needed as a result of the bait fish ban in the area.

For those OFNers that are coming up and meeting here tomorrow morning I have placed a good pile of minnows in another tank for you so that you can have them tomorrow morning. I would hate for all of you to drive up all that way and not have access to minnows. Laurie is aware of it and will be pleased to assist all of you tomorrow morning and also pump Glen for info as to where he is getting all the fish. He will also be here at 7:00 am, sorry I can't be here.

Remember to have fun and be safe.

Best regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Sam thats awesome!!! Now I know why Bill speaks so highly of you.... we will be at your shop around 6:30-7... if your not open yet no worries... I will get the IV of coffee hooked up to me while waiting and thank you for taking care of us. There will be more then a few coming.

PS... how difficult will it be to kidnap Glen for the day? LOL

Gerritt.