Decent LH baitcaster

JohnF

Is there such a thang?

I'd like something for light duty, hunting creek bass with a medium weight 6' Quantum that I already have.

Then I'd have it for a backup when boat fishing etc.

JF

Buddy of mine bought this one at CTC for about 100.00 and he loves it nice and light. I tried it today and it a charm to fish with. It's the Daiwa Megaforce.

http://www.daiwa.com/Reel/detail.aspx?ID=234

I'm looking at that one at the local FishingStore but he has it for a lot less money. I've checked the reviews and the twitching bar feature seems to be prone to failure. I like the concept of it for taking up slack line & for working surface and suspending lures but I don't like the idea of a failed component, even if it doesn't affect the rest of the functions. I like my stuff to be working 100%, even if I'm not using the feature. One failure suggests other possible failures.

Anyone else had any experience with twitching bars and this particular reel?

JF

Check Cabela's Canada. Within the last three months they had your blue reel for $99.00.

They may be discontinued, but you're getting a super reel at a disposable reel price.

I'd be very happy to get another one of those for that price. I'll check it.

JF

Shop around, especially online... it's a little early for deals right now, but a little later in the season and you should be able to pick up something nice in your price range.

Are you left handed or right handed?

Where's that new boat you're going to pull with that new Ford Flex???

Shop around, especially online... it's a little early for deals right now, but a little later in the season and you should be able to pick up something nice in your price range.

Are you left handed or right handed?

Where's that new boat you're going to pull with that new Ford Flex???

I'm right-handed but being a Canuckian raised on the rink I have to crank with my left hand.

The boat will come soon. I just have to get the okay from SWMBO. I'm thinking I'll slide into it with a Kayak, then a transom canoe, then a motor for it, then a boat. Too bad she gave up water skiing. I thought that would be my in.

JF

I'm right-handed but being a Canuckian raised on the rink I have to crank with my left hand.

JF

That happens to be the proper "American" way to do it!!! :thumbsup_anim: ... I'm also right handed and cast with my right arm and crank with my left hand!... changing hands is for gurly guys!... wait a second, I'm retarded and can't make a little circle with my left thumb and forefinger! :rolleyes: ... and don't get me started on left handed people!!! <_<

As previously stated BPS is clearing out some models of the BPS Extreme reels, a pretty good deal for $39.00. regular price was around $109.I'd phone ahead to get them to hold one if you are planning on going there one day.

Edited by mikeh

If you shop from cabelas.ca

do they ship from within Canada? or does it still get shipped from US?

I found the selection sucks and you always pay shipping! It does come from Canada I believe though.

John: Drive down to Angling Outfitters and talk to Chris or Jocelyn. I'm quite confident they will hook you up with a good deal.

I found the selection sucks and you always pay shipping! It does come from Canada I believe though.

John: Drive down to Angling Outfitters and talk to Chris or Jocelyn. I'm quite confident they will hook you up with a good deal.

We have a shop here in Stratford run by one of Jocelyn's proteges. He treats me pretty well. I got my Quantum baitcaster there last year for $100 with the rebate. Can't come close to that this year. I'd buy from him anyway but like to have input from reel users before I go shopping.

JF