Tomorrow's the day

pikehunter

Well some may remember that another OFC'r brought up the arthroscope subject three or four weeks ago. Well I was scheduled and all set to have mine done on May 21st. only to have it canceled at almost the last minute due to the fact that I came down with the flu however the Doc. was able to book in in for the 4th. so here we go!

Luckily I was able to get the boat out this past Sunday for a few hours on the lower Grand R. with my wife. This was the first time to get a line wet this year. The fishing was terrible, we froze in the constantly blowing wind and never had a single bight, not a sheephead, not a silver bass nor even a catfish wanted to play with us and the walleyes were not to be seen. But it was still good to finally get out there, I just haven't had the time or the desire with the knee pain I have been experiencing.

So tonight I attempted to practice walking with crutches for the first time, boy it's tougher than I thought! Trying to get co-ordinated and get my massive bulk moving on one leg and 2 sticks! :lol: If all goes well maybe there will be time for a few days off to a favorite fishing hole in a couple of weeks before returning to the old grindstone.

Good luck, you will be okay I have had many - too many and waiting for one again depending on what they do inside 2 weeks and you will be fishing and feeling like a new man.

Ask your doc about a knee brace.

FLEX

I'm sure you'll be up and at 'em in no time Harry. I'm thinking river bank and lawn chair to start with. :)

Sure, like Spiel sez...

Come and join us carpers !!!

Edited by Beans

Sitting here now at home, on PH jr's laptop. Thanks for the well wishes. Got a scare though, they were late taking me down to the O.R by 1/2 an hour. Then I had to lay there on the stretcher for an hour in the O.R hall. Problem? Yep. No nurses! Seems that someone told the staff to take off early as they were ahead of the game by an hour and a half. The next shift at 3 would be in and that was the prob. By the time this was coming about I had a companion on a stretcher next to me. We looked at each other in amazement as my surgeon, a plastic surgeon and an anesthetist stood there whining about the situation because they had patients waiting in limbo.

You should have been there! My Doc is hollering and cursing using the F word sounding like 3 truck drivers cursing about getting cut off on the highway well as the plastic surgeon and the anesethist. Kind of made me re-think the whole idea of going through with it all. Eventually they got it all sorted out and wheeled me in and before I knew it I was waking up in recovery.

By the way, recovery room nurses have little sense of humour...guess they have heard them all before. I lifted the cover, looked down at my legs and said "Hey!" I couldn't figure out why my right knee is so sore. he was supposed to do the left! The answer was a very dry no he didn't. She shut me up with a shot of morphine in the I.V.

In the end it all went well. Soon the fishing pole will be in hand...maybe even tomorrow. A trip to Pt. Maitland Pier sounds good ;) Probably should wait a few days though before attempting that though.

Take care folks :D

Well I'm glad to hear it all worked out Harry. I've been through a few of these hospital incompetencies myself lately, certainly leaves you wondering!

Now you get on down to that pier and hassle them wee perchies. :)