Anyone from the Wilberforce area ?

Lunker777

Hey everyone,

The wife and I will be heading up to the family cottage in Wilberforce at the end of June.

I was just wondering whos familiar with the area and what type of fishing should I gear up for ?

I want to fish for pike if possible.... any help would be great !

My family had a cottage between Haliburton and Wilberforce, sorry to say that pike are the one fish that seems to be absent in the Highlands of Haliburton. Lake trout and smallmouth bass are most frequently encountered with some lakes having been stocked and producing muskies and pickerel ( walleyes). Speckled trout are found in some streams.

Used to go up that way a lot. I have relatives who have cottages up that way. Mind you I haven't been up there in about 10 years. Amazing scenery there too. What lake is your cottage at? Like the others said Elephant and Baptiste are good lakes, Grace lake is pretty good from eyes and bass back in the day. There are a lot of lakes with some good smallmouth bass too.

My cottage is on Grace Lake. Very few Walleyes in there now. I dont think there are many to be honest. saw some while diving but they are like a needle in a haystack. Great Walleye in baptiste and Elephant. Baptiste, Elephant, benoir River and York River systems are full of pike.

Edited by smalliefisher

My gf's Aunt re-Married and the guy she married, his parents own the cottage. But we do a yearly trip in the summer and starting last year, now at new years ! hahah

Its a beautiful place.... on Pussey lake ? haha I think thats how you spell it.

Aparently they stock the lake with lakers or something ? Thats what I was told !

Im going to be taking the boat up with me, is there anything on the lakes I should be watching out for ? I dont want to take a bottom end off or anything ! haha