camping locations??

richyb

So the girlfriend has lined up her holidays with my days off work and we are planning on camping but not too sure where yet. We live in orillia and are willing to drive an hour or 2 to a place that catches my eye. Were looking for a place that isnt crazy busy and also has good fishing. Any suggestions are welcome , thanks .

Restoule, about 2 hours from Orillia. Great scenery,never to busy and great fishing for walleye,bass,musky,pike and lakers. Not to mention a very nice PP for camping.There are 3 lakes accessable from the park and many others in the area.

I do a camping trip to a new lake every year. When you decide on an area, start researching lakes. Local club sites, google will give info on species etc....then get on Google earth to find an area of the lake you would like to fish. Then get on the real estate sites and type in the lake.....they always boast "prime lot, surrounded by crown land".....check the map to the "prime lot" and go set up camp on the crown land.

In a canoe it's easy....just park and walk. If you are launching, further research will fisnf you a boat launch and GPS will take you right to your location as google earth will provide lat and long.

RR