Found some Steelhead

bbnotty

It had been about a week since last outing and the itch got to me. My son was in town for the day and also needed to get out, so out one more time. We went to our first river and had a nice hike but couldn't find any fish so after an hour we left for our next destination. Didn't have to walk very far and got into them right away. Between two of us we landed 11 ranging from about 3lbs to about 10 lbs. Lost a bunch more. Pinkies and whites worked good and also switched to a silver spinner which was great watching them chase and hit it.

Here is a few pics

med_gallery_145_366_36543.jpg

med_gallery_145_160_140505.jpg

med_gallery_145_160_30385.jpg

med_gallery_145_160_7206.jpg

As you can see i love the release shots.

Berge

Berge, you are so insensitive. Why couldn't you wait a few more weeks (or more) till the carp bite picks up? I spent last night/this morning (9:30pm - 5am) freezing my nuts of waiting for a carp to bite...I managed 4 line bumps and my first skunking since March...Why did you post this!!!? Why!!!?

*curled into the fetal position on the floor and shaking* - "one more drift couldn't hurt..." "Brownies like jigs too..."

WTG Brendan!

...And yes you too Berge :angry:

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. My son is gone for the summer so it was nice getting out with him one last time this spring.

Oh and MIKE, there are still lots of steel around buddy. Went out again this morning, this time by myself and found that there were even more fish around today. :D.

So Mike when you going to take me carpin and show me how its done???

Berge

So Mike when you going to take me carpin and show me how its done???

Berge

Hopefully very soon Berge...I'll even let you use your net to land a few so you can appreciate the smell of a carp on the ride home :lol:

I'll probably scout out a few places this week and let you know