Port Credit - Pike?

MSBruno

Up above the train bridge at the end of Mineola.

The river has deep pools and it has been known to produce pike.

I would keep trying around lakefront promenade at the marina.

Have seen them in there.

Try around the boat launch bay some weeds in there.

:D

Kenny G.

Pike in Port Credit. It's been awhile (like 20 years), but I recall some very good sized pike being caught from shore out of the marina on the east side of the river mouth. That little man made peninsula is now fenced off presumably due to trespassing and trash, but I recall going back there long ago and fishing off the main lake side for salmon/trout, and seeing a young kid catch 2 nice pike in back to back casts on a spinnerbait fishing the sheltered marina. I had nothing but big spoons on me and the harbour had too much weeds for them. I always meant to go back and try for them but I never did.

If the peninsula is off-limits, you might be able to get back there in a boat.

I've plenty of stories about pike in the Credit, like they said above, 20+ years ago. I have seen pike washed up on shore just minute from the mouth of the credit withing the last few years, so I see no reason there shouldn't be some around today.

Promenade coughed up some decent pike for me, but the last time I fished it the Four Sisters was still operating. No idea how good it is now without the warm water outflow.

I've seen more than a few pike caught at the mouth of the Credit during salmon season too, but shore access is really limited to get to the decent spots. The rock breakwall was the best spot in the mouth but now is fenced off for liability reasons. Some numbnut managed to kill himself scrabbling over the rocks at Port Dover and his family won $2.5mil in a lottery lawsuit, that's when every unmaintained pier in S.Ontario became off limits.

The Mimeola/Stavebank access is tiny, one hole and maybe 50' of shoreline with fenced yards on either side.