Trailer Hitch

skankbutta

Looking to get a Trailer Hitch put on my Jeep.

Last time I had one put on was through U-Haul and it was pretty expensive and I didn't really like their customer service, so I am hoping to go through another outfit.

Any suggestions? I am in Dunnville, so somewhere around there would be ideal (Hamilton). However, my boat is located in London so London would work also.

Thanks for any help guys.

What Wayne said!

Lyle at the Trailer Hitch Centre is VERY good. Prices are reasonable and service is top notch.

If you are somewhat handy you can do it yourself. These days most vehicles just "plug and play" for the wiring part. The hitch part is not that difficult....if I can do my van....anyone can

FT

Every vehicle model uses a different hitch, I would reccomend Van & Truck World.. They usually carry common ones in stock, but if they do not have it, they can normally get it with in 3 business days. I used to work for them for 3 years as a Tech in Cobourg. Prices are usually the cheapest but quality the highest.. They deal with alot of bulk so there prices are lower then most places.

Uhaul uses alot of universal hitches.. and the load rating is much lower and the design is bad.. Hidden Hitch which Van & Truck World carrys the most.. I beleive the company was bought out so the hitches are called something else now, but they are designed to be hidden.

Just give them a call ahead of time, and they can make sure to have the hitch and wiring in stock and setup an appointment with you.

Hamilton

244 Lake Avenue

Hamilton, ON L8E 3A2

Ph: 905-578-7843

London

4397 Wellington Street South

London, ON N6E 2Z8

Ph: 519-681-5832

By the way, what year and model jeep do you have, and how heavy is the boat

Edited by Miller Photo

no overdrive even if u r towing a 14ft princecraft tinny with a jeep grand cherokee with a 190hp??????.....really cuz i always wondered....cuz it could only weigh about 6-700lbs all together....lets say lees then a 1000lbs to be safe

You can check out Hidden Hitch which shows you the auctual hitch what it looks like. It does not require drilling and uses factory holes, and the hitch hides behind the bumper. so all you will see is the square tube reciever in the middle. Personally it is a job you could do yourself in a hour or two of time at home. But defaintly check on the price at van and truck world for the hitch and wiring.. defaintly cheaper then canadian tire.. and probly still cheaper then uhaul.

Don't forget its not the old school wiring, you need the light converter.. any vehicle that has the amber turn signal seperate from the brake light bulbs..

Here you can see the part numer and even shows you the light converter. http://www.hiddenhitch.com/fitguides/hitch...mp;partno=87422

As for the question on overdrive during hauling.. Not worth having it on unless you have 10km+ of flat highway with no traffic.... which you will not find in ontario! haha

Edited by Miller Photo

If ya need any help let me know,,,i live in hamilton and work for a crysler dealership,,,,i would recommend getting the wiring from the dealer if it hasn't already been installed,,,on alot of our vehicle's some of the modules have to be reflashed inn order for the wiring to work properly,,,i'll look into it on mondy for ya,,,just pm me the particulars of the jeep(model year engine)

description

Vehicles equipped with an optional Trailer Tow Prep package have a trailer tow wiring jumper harness and an instruction card (1) that are placed in the cargo area of the vehicle when it is shipped from the factory. This package also includes an additional fused B(+) circuit in the unibody wire harness behind the right D-pillar trim for connection to the trailer tow wiring jumper harness

operation

The trailer tow wiring jumper harness is connected to the unibody wire harness at the right rear lamp unit connections. The fused B(+) circuit take out is located near the rubber grommet for the right rear lamp wiring take outs of the unibody wire harness behind the right rear D-pillar trim. The jumper harness can be connected by removing the right rear lamp unit and unseating the rubber grommet from the D-pillar to access the fused B(+) circuit take out. Refer to the Instruction Card packaged with the jumper harness for additional details.

Edited by sonny