LOOKIN LIKE IM OFF TO REHAB :(

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DOCS AND SAYS I GOT SPRAINED REEL WRIST AND HOOKSET ELBOW.

GONNA HAVE TO TAKE IT EASY TOMOR AFTER TODAYS AMAZING DAY. LOOKIN LIKE CRAPPIE TOMOR TO REST THE ARM.LOL

GOTTA SAY ONE OF MY BEST MAYS EVER.

GOT OUT AT 5AM THIS MORN AND WAS NUTS TO SEE U COULD SEE YOUR FLOAT BY 5:15 WITH THE LIGHT.

WATER HAD SOME GOOD STAIN IN THE MORN. ABOUT FT TO FT AND A HALF..

I WALKED AND I WALKED DRIFTING EVERY LITTLE RUN I COULD. MUST OF WALKED ATLEAST A KM OF RIVER. WAS DEBATING TO GO BACK TO THE CAR AND SAID OK JUST ONE MORE CORNER. WASNT IN A RUSH SINCE I WAS SOLO TODAY.

WELL I HIT THE CORNER AND STARTED DRIFTING .

LETS PUT IT THIS WAY . I ROLLED 30 ROE SACS LAST NIGHT. I WAS OUT BY 9AM.

THEN WENT TO THE PINKIES. AWESOME STAINED WATER BAIT. STARTED NAILING THEM ON THAT.

AROUND 11 THE WATER STARTED CLEARIN UP QUICK.

THE BITES STOPPED. NO FISH LEFT TO BITE MAYBE MOST WOULD THINK AFTER CATCHIN THAT MANY.

TURNED OVER TO THE JIGS AND IT STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN.

SO A LONG STORY SHORT I WALKED ALOT OF WATER AND GOT REAL LUCKY AND CAME APON A GREAT HOLDING HOLE OF THEM.

NO FANCY SHOT SINCE I WAS SOLO BUT HERES JUST A TASTE OF SOME OF THE NICE ONES.

DIRTY WATER ROE MALE

005.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

LOVE THE COLOUR ON THIS ONE

004.jpg

IN 20YRS IVE NEVR FOUGHT SUCH TOUGH AND AGRESSIVE FISH.

WATER IS VERY COLD FOR THIS TIME OF YR AND I THINK THATS PLAYING A HUGE ROLE.

THANKS FOR HAVIN JUST A PEEK AT AN AWESOME DAY FOR ME.

Well done CC...Beauty fish

I promised myself I wouldn't fish for steel anymore...Why did you have to go and post this!? My carp fishing buddies held an intervention on my chrome addiction the other day - They said I had to stop reading threads on steelheading...I really thought you were taking drugs...Honest :lol: j/k

Excellent report and pics COPPER :thumbsup_anim:

You certainly got into quality fish and abundance!!! Congratulations :clapping:

Now hope you'll take it easy on your elbow and wrist so that you'll be able to recover for future outings.

Great job my friend!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

I assumed you were hitting the rehab for steroids!!!

Ok, don't rage on me now...jus kidding.....and thanks for the "rub in" text on the way back from the river. I had to avoid sharp objects for a while till I got over missing the hit.

P.S. got out Monday night and hit the water at 6:30......I haven't seen smallies like that anywhere but Simcoe, some real pigs. OOS of course so no pics, released boatside in water........as the sun set I found those late hitting eyes I was telling you about, stayed out till 11pm and whacked em good! Had 4 or 5 litterally smack my crank as it hit the water....weird feeling for them in the dark.

RR