TDot Islands - Round 2

MSBruno

Went back yesterday (Tues. May 5, 2009) afternoon from 2:30PM - 8:30PM and was able to land 3 hammerhandles.

1st - absolutely inhaled the lure. I was lucky enough to be able to safely remove the lure.

2nd - followed the lure all the way up to about 5ft from shore and then I saw him hit the lure and set the hook ... never seen a fish hit my lure before and it was awesome.

3rd - when he struck, head shakes like crazy and I thought it was a bass, but the lure was hooked on his front lip. Braid + Front Lip = Head Shakes!

The fishing God's have been good to me and much props to the good men who've helped me get some luck on the islands. I'm absolutely beside myself becasue I never had some much luck and let's not hope I've peaked too soon in the season. Thank you all!

Here's a quick video of the the last hammerhandle's release th_VID00003-20090505-1905.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by MSBruno

where do you go to fish on the t.o. islands? i've never been there before, in fact didnt know you could fish there until i read this.

are you fishing from shore? or off a boat? can you rent boats there? how do you get there? do you have to pay?...details please....

thanks

where do you go to fish on the t.o. islands? i've never been there before, in fact didnt know you could fish there until i read this.

are you fishing from shore? or off a boat? can you rent boats there? how do you get there? do you have to pay?...details please....

thanks

I fished from shore, but you can rent boats I think

The Ferry can get you there ... fott of Bay St. Ferry costs $6.50/rountrip. Parking costs me more, but if the TTC is around you, then take it.

My daughters father inlaw & I went 2 years ago, I drove 2 1/2 hours met him there we took the ferry, he rented a canoe for us but I guess a Thunder storm rolled threw in the morning and the rental place was closed when we got there, walked the canals and south shore of the Island, 1 pike on top water in the canal by the rental place. I will either rent a canoe or take my 14 footer next time more access to the water. Later in the year I took my boat from Ashbridges Bay calm day, no harbour licence, entered from the east side of the island dropped the trolling motor and fished the island shore, caught a few but nothing big, was never bothered by any one

Richard