Oshawa Harbor Pike Report

GoneFishin and I went down to some spots around the Oshawa harbor today in search of pike. We had jerk baits, spoons, spinners and a few other things we were trying out. We didn't get to much action today but GoneFishin managed to get a nice size pike hit a 6" floating suick.

I had a nice hit on a Rapala J13 jointed minnow but I didn't get the hook's into the fish :( I had a great time out there and it sure was nice meet another board member and do a little fishing.

Here's His Catch:

ScreenHunter_01May031750.jpg

Thank's,

Mike

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Nicely done. Looks like a fun day out.

The Rapala J-13 is one of my favourite lures to use. I've caught salmon, pike, big brown trout, steelhead, big smallies and even a suicidal rock bass on the firetiger colour.

hey where do you guys normaly fish ? oshawa ? just currious, I live in port perry

For me it all depends what I'm fishing for. For smaller 3 or 4 hour trips I like to go out to Scugog for bass during the summer, might get out and try for some small musky out there also. If i can get out for some camping i usually go to Lake Seymour (Campbellford Ont) and fish some smaller lakes around the Kawarthas as well as some smaller out back lakes towards the Bancroft and Haliburton area. This year I'm looking to try the upper part's of Scugog and the Scugog river as well as the Toronto Islands.

Looks like a nice little pike hotspot! Great place for when your bored, and you don't want to travel to some far off lake to do some fishing. You guys should try and get your hands on a small paddle boat or something and fish farther out from that harbor! Who knows, there might be some larger pike wandering that open harbor area. :)