Cabinent Making

holdfast

Picture 1 is cabinent without top

Picture 2 is cabinent with top

P5020016_01.jpg

P5020017_01.jpg

The purpose of this cabinent is to put it where the stove would go between the wall and Counter top. Im just putting a 2 burner stove on the counter top.

Question is, I want to make it simple. @ Drawers that will be boxed in. No hinges. Now should I frame around the cabinent or just put a hinged door as is. Or double door it

Frame it?

Single door underneath the drawers or double doors?

Im at this point and the easier the better, however this will be in my Trailer Kitchen when complete.

Edited by holdfast

double doors look nice but do you want to always open both doors or just one?

I would frame it but thats just me. good luck

Aile, do I frame around the drawers, side es and bottom? Do I put a cente piece between the centre of the drawers to the bottom if Im double dooring?

Im really not sure.

IS there any allowance regarding the overall width of the cabinet? Will it fit into the slot as is, and you have a space left either side? If not, use wood veneer to finish the front of the cabinet doors and use offset hinges to hang the doors. Do the same for the drawers area but finish the drawers european style.

IF you have some room to play with, finish the carcass with approximately 3/4" stiles using stock pine. Then build the drawers with standard drawer fronts and you can mount the doors either european style or use the offset hinges.

If you add stiles then it would be best to cut the stiles to the width of the drawer sides and narrower between the drawers.

This is rather difficult to explain using words and no diagrams... Good luck with whatever you do.

Plan your drawer frames to be smaller than the drawer face, flush drawers are difficult. In fact, drawers period are a pita. Take your time, draw it up first, measure twice, and good luck.

BTW, how is the drawer support plate supported? If your drawers will hold silverware, then that sheet needs help.

Edited by douG

Ok I will double door it as pointed out because of opening space. I guess I will frame it including down the centre.

What are stiles. Drawers are only going to hold cutlery I guess. Not sure but its not holding any Ha Ha Ha. Silverware. The Cabinent was measure to allow a half to one inch for allowance. The height is almost dead on even with the wheels.

Edited by holdfast

I'd love to help ya Holdie... but if it doesn't involve a 20 oz. straight claw hammer, 16 penny Duplex nails, 60 cubic yards of redi-mix concrete, I can't eat it, drink it, smoke it, boink it, catch it on a rod and reel, or cause trouble with it on the internet... I dunno what the heck to do with it!!! ;)

Edited by GCD

I'd love to help ya Holdie... but if it doesn't involve a 20 oz. straight claw hammer, 16 penny Duplex nails, 60 cubic yards of redi-mix concrete, I can't eat it, drink it, smoke it, boink it, catch it on a rod and reel, or cause trouble with it on the internet... I dunno what the heck to do with it!!! ;)

Spoken like a true southerner ! Dog, you are my Mississipi hero !

I say frame it, double door it ... stain it ... varnish it ... get up on it and ride it ... and she's good to go.