Stress Fracture in Foot...

DANG...

I have had crushing pain in the outside of my right foot since a raquetball game a couple of weeks ago. I played again on Friday for about 1 1/2 hours and it didn't hurt while I played; however, since playing it is all I can do to walk on it without the aid of ibuprofen or alcohol. I did change shoes for Friday as my previous shoe was fine for treadmilling and elipticalling etc. but failed miserably in holding my foot for the raquetball game. Could a shoe change cause this mess?

Anyone dealt with this? I guess I see the good doc sometime this week and try to get a diagnosis or a referral to the pediatrist.

DANG

I had a stress fracture in a little bone in my foot (outside'ish). Went to a sports doctor and he told me its....

- common

- something he can't really do anything for...just rest

No way of knowing if its the same bone, but shoes could make a difference. And if it is the same, only thing that you can do is rest it. Heals relatively fast.

Cram,

Thanks. Rest meaning don't kill it or stop walking?

Stopped sports for awhile. The bone was outside-front'ish.....basically the outside of my front "pad"...if that makes sense.

It did hurt to walk on for a bit, but went away relatively quickly. Also, the bone in question was relatively tiny.

Mine is on the outside middle of the foot. If you could imagine a pressure point of your foot moving in a lose shoe as you reach for a ball and then pivot back in the other direction. I was hoping it was bruised but it seems to be lasting.

Well, we will see. I have a game scheduled for Monday and then the rest of the week I will stick to the pool. See if it gets better.

Three stress fractures in ankle and foot and it was the most intense pain I ever felt, that same accident also got part of my achilles. I guess you got to follow doctors orders.

I had that once Steve. I jumped up to catch a baseball and when I landed, my foot was sideways, so I landed on the side of my foot. It hurt like you are saying and I had xrays and there was a hairline fracture. Had to walk with crutches for a week or so. Hurt like the dickens. Healed on its own.

Sorry for you pain buddy, I feel it.

Joey