Big Chute Marine Railway

ColdH20guy

Hey guys

Went for a drive today..beauty day! Big Chute Marine Railway is about 30km from my place so decided to go for a drive on my day off...man was it nice...no bugs, no tourists, just a beautiful day near the water....threw a line in the water but no bites...didnt matter though as it was so nice out!

IMG_2506.JPG..how can I add a few more pics?

Edited by ColdH20guy

Looks great! Since you live in the area, do you happen to know of a free launch above Big Chute (ie between big chute and swift rapids)? I have launched by the liquor store at severn falls in the past, just wondered if there's a way to save a few bucks

Just watch the end of the road where it joins up with the 400. The last few kilometres are straight and wide open........but with I think a 50km/h limit and on weekends there's usually an OPP cruiser mugging people at the end.

Hey guys

Went for a drive today..beauty day! Big Chute Marine Railway is about 30km from my place so decided to go for a drive on my day off...man was it nice...no bugs, no tourists, just a beautiful day near the water....threw a line in the water but no bites...didnt matter though as it was so nice out!

IMG_2506.JPG..how can I add a few more pics?

..how can I add a few more pics?

I have never posted a PIC the way you did and so I did not know how to do it. But I spend over an hour to find out how.

I could post only 1 PIC. I then downsized the PICs and could post only 3 PICs. But I played around. Finally I see an error on the left side that stated – “Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space”. Eh, Dah. My brains sometimes are not between my ears.

If you check on the left side, it will tell you that the limit is 250K. Your PIC is already at – 247.01k. But I guess you did not see the error message.

I played around and found out some things. To post more PICs, you must downsize your PICs. If you have about 10 PICs, you will have to really downsize the PICs to the point that when you click on a PIC, it will pop-up as a very small PIC.

I have always posted PICs using photobucket and the IMG option with the URL.

So this is what your problem was – you must downsize a lot.

But then do not forget that you should downsize your PICs if you use the IMG option instead. There is a problem for this method for the dial-up people like me. A good size would be at 640 X 480 – this is what I use.

Good PIC. And happy that you had a good time there.

Big Chute is a problem lock. Once, it took me about 3 hours to get through the Severn lock. At that time, same day, it was taking boats at least 6 hours to get through Big Chute – the lock cannot move too many boats at the same time – maybe 4 if you are extremely lucky. That day was a Monday of the long weekend in August. We had reservations at Driftwood Marina above Severn lock for a couple of days. lol :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Carp-starter – good luck

Looks great! Since you live in the area, do you happen to know of a free launch above Big Chute (ie between big chute and swift rapids)? I have launched by the liquor store at severn falls in the past, just wondered if there's a way to save a few bucks

There may still be a ramp at the Big Chute. There is a campsite on the pool side of the road and opposite that is a dock and ramp.

I helped glaze the windows in the 'new' tower years ago,and that's how we started fishing there.We used to go into back bays on top for walleye and there usually a trout or two in the top pool of the spillway,there was a 'GIANT' musky that lived around 'Sunny Island'(the first island south of the chute),as my buddy had it on numorous times but never landed it....TC and tight lines all........Chuck.....