Did I miss it

misfish

The Odyssee was excellent Brian, infact it gets better every year.

A bunch of us met for breakfast at 7, then most of us stayed right thru until the show ended at 6 and then we closed the day out with supper and headed home about 8PM

There were some excellent speakers, including Larry Ramsell, Bob Mehsikomer and Arron Shirley who all put on some really interesting seminars.

There were many retailers there too and they had an incredible assortment of musky tackle, infact if you couldn't find a bait you were looking for, you probably didn't need it.

Dale McNair was also there with the replica mount of the monster musky he got on the Larry last November and I hafta tell ya, the pictures of that brute don't even come close to showing just how big that fish really was. I spent a fair bit of time talking to Dale and we've made tentative plans to hook up this season and see if we can put a couple muskies in the boat together.

If anybody has any interest in musky fishing at all, they should definetely take in the Odyssee when it comes back again in 2 years.

Edited by lew

Thanks Lew! I shoulda put something up, but I've been sleeping since Saturday :mellow:

The Odyssey attendance was down a bit from 2007, but everyone had a good time and we made some money that will go towards MNR Muskie conservation and research. We had about 15 new members join!

Yes it was excellent!

So many baits so little money :lol:

Got everything I needed and some.

Got there Friday and left Sunday, still feeling the effects.......great time and met lots of new and familiar faces....

Nice seein ya again Lew...see ya this summer B);)

It was an alright show for our first time there as retailers (Fishing World) We were told that attendance was down but it still was fun to talk to alot of Muskie fantaics. I will say that the Muskies Canada people who ran and helped all the vendors with set up and tear down were GREAT!!!! They ran a nice smooth show and we will be back. Glad that money was raised and thanks for having us at the show.

It was a good show Brian. Nice to see a group of the guys (and Ruth) again too. I dropped some good coin on a Compre and a few lures...but unfortunately Slowpoke dropped some bad coin getting dinged for a seatbelt infraction just out from the restaurant! Sorry about your luck Bud!