Monday evening steel

Joeytier

Well, after being away for the opener, and reading all the great reports, I was really itching to get back at the tribs for the first time in about a week. We hit a small trib that had a huge number of fish on the opener, and considerably less on Sunday. We were still expecting a decent number of fish for a productive evening. Boy were we ever wrong. We found ONE hole that had maybe ten fish in it, with the occasional fish being spotted in other areas, but nothing feeding. The water was incredibly low and clear. You could do everything in your power to not spook the fish and they still find a way to detect your presence. My buddy had 3 on, but lost them at all, and right close to dusk, after nary a sniff, I finally got one to commit. Nothing huge, but this hen put up a fantastic fight. This lone fish made the trip worth it, to say the least.

Cheers.

IMG_0175.jpg

"The lower the water, the fewer the fish."

this is not necessarily true....especially this time of the season....they just hide better and stack up thick where they have cover....at least in my experiences anyways.....fish ultra finesse and you can clean house....no floats or swivels, minimal shot, fluoro leaders and even try dead drifting with no weight....keep a low profile on the bank will help a lot....