Nautifish need our help!!

TJQ

Port rowan has a fry wagon set up not even 75ft from another restaurant........Port rowan is part of long point......

This is also my Argument.

Nauti.

i support you 100% but you shouldnt use this in your argument as it may cause problems for the fry stand owner. maybe they just havent had any complaints about the fry stand so they havent looked into how far it is away from the restaurant. you bringing this up will make them look into it and the fry stand guy would likely have to relocate.

i support you 100% but you shouldnt use this in your argument as it may cause problems for the fry stand owner. maybe they just havent had any complaints about the fry stand so they havent looked into how far it is away from the restaurant. you bringing this up will make them look into it and the fry stand guy would likely have to relocate.

Actually from what i was told from the locals.. he did have to fight for the spot and he actually took it too council......& thankyou for the support.

Nauti.

SJ....Thankyou.... ;)

Edited by nautifish

Well i just had a phone call from Norfolk Council....They are sending out the letter today to my adress to revoke my Licence....I guess from what i have been told it is the guy that owns the Arcade that has been putting in complaints to Council here in Norfolk county.....

They are saying i do not have a right too apeal because i am not a permanant location....Make sence of that then.....When i applied for my licenece they told me i had to have a permanant location as in Adress where my Hotdog cart would be situated. Otherwise they would not issue my licence....Now they are telling me that i am not a permanant location because i am not allowed to be there.

I am furious right now.....

Nauti.

Well i just had a phone call from Norfolk Council....They are sending out the letter today to my adress to revoke my Licence....I guess from what i have been told it is the guy that owns the Arcade that has been putting in complaints to Council here in Norfolk county.....

They are saying i do not have a right too apeal because i am not a permanant location....Make sence of that then.....When i applied for my licenece they told me i had to have a permanant location as in Adress where my Hotdog cart would be situated. Otherwise they would not issue my licence....Now they are telling me that i am not a permanant location because i am not allowed to be there.

I am furious right now.....

Nauti.

Ask your lawyer if this is a planning issue and if so, why can't it be appealed to the OMB. I'm not suggesting that's a practical solution but it may raise some eyebrows as a credible threat.

JF

Could you put your cart on a barge or something and get off the land completely? Sell your doggies on the water side of the Rotten Ronny's. In other words think outside of the box a bit for your solution.

Also try to keep in mind that there is someone that has invested in bricks and mortar and sees you as a threat. Council is supporting them for a reason (like they employ people to work on the building, fix the pinball machines, local plumbers, what ever). Somewhere in a parallel universe there is a forum where everyone is supporting the arcade owner from the invasion of the transient cart people!!

I think that there has to be a solution here once issues aren't clouded with partisanship.

Good luck.

Jim

Ask your lawyer if this is a planning issue and if so, why can't it be appealed to the OMB. I'm not suggesting that's a practical solution but it may raise some eyebrows as a credible threat.

JF

John once i have the letter in Hand i will be taking it along to my lawyers......I was told....

They're exact words..."I HAVE NO RIGHT TO APPEAL"!

I have been running my Cart for five weeks now....No one has bothered me.....I have not broken the law....I have my licence........Wich was issued to me on the 19th of March 2009.

Nauti

I can't get to it by the link

it said I must sign up you your board to get to the spot I want

Terry My appoligise....

I have opened my site back up again....Sorry but alot of weirdo's out there which is why i usually have it set to Registration to gain access. ;)

Thankyou..

Nauti...

Xeon, Thankyou....

Gerrit thanx for the link........

My story was aired & is being aired through out the day today on our local radion station CD.98.9 this morning.

They have also put an article on there news page on the website....

http://cd989.com/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=4

John once i have the letter in Hand i will be taking it along to my lawyers......I was told....

They're exact words..."I HAVE NO RIGHT TO APPEAL"!

I have been running my Cart for five weeks now....No one has bothered me.....I have not broken the law....I have my licence........Wich was issued to me on the 19th of March 2009.

Nauti

I may be stretching the role of municipal planning & the OMB too much here, but it seems to me that your licence was granted under the local zoning bylaw, which is an extension of the Official Plan and the Planning Act, and if they're now pulling it under the same bylaw everyone has a right of appeal to the OMB for any planning issues.

On the other hand your lawyer may tell you this licence is granted under some other municipal ordinance and therefore the OMB has no involvement. Presumably the letter will identify the applicable ordinance and the justification for the reversal under that ordinance. Unless you misrepresented the facts on your application, or your business activities are causing a disturbance, I doubt there's any provision in the ordinance for after the fact changes due to discomfited local merchants, and if the municipality has made a mistake under the zoning bylaw then you should have a right of appeal to the OMB (if you want to pay the costs of it).

Good luck

JF

John i have yet to get the letter...I'm just waiting now to see what it has to say.......I will be at rotton ronnies in the morning and set up as usual.....Now i am just waiting to see if someone shows up to shut me down.....

CD98.9 Also added another story this morning...

Norfolk County : Petitioners Vying To Keep Hot Dog Cart

Posted by Adam Liefl

A petition has been started in hopes of keeping the "Nautidog" in Long Point. CD 98.9 first brought you the story yesterday of the woman who is in jeopardy of losing the vendor permit for her hot dog cart due to, what she's calling, an unfair bylaw that allowed her to operate with no problems for the past five weeks. Owner Tracy Bennett is saying she just found out her licence would be revoked due to a complaint from a competing business. She also says since she's not a permanent location, she has been denied a right to appeal. A paper petition is available at Rotton Ronnies in Long Point, as well, an online petition has been started on Facebook.

http://cd989.com/modules/news/index.php?st...c=0&start=0