Nautifish need our help!!

TJQ

Thankyou so much for posting this TJ.

It is very much appreciated.

I am fighting with Norfolk bylaw as they now want to revoke my licence they issued to me end of March to set up my Hotdog cart outside of rotton ronnies bait & tackle store in Long point....Business has been good and the Locals have been fabulous in welcoming me too long point.....Now they have said there is an issue about Distance between me and an Arcade that also sells hotdogs.....I guess they do not want the competition.

I am fighting Norfolk Bylaw because if there had been an issue about the distance between myself with the cart and the other location they should have done the measurements before Issueing me my licence.

Apparently Bylaw states that any mobile refreshment Vehicle cannot set up with in 250ft of another location that sells the same product....Yet in Port rowan which is also part of long point there is a fry wagon situated not even 75ft from a restaurant.

I have started an online petition and i also have a petition going at rotton ronnies bait & tackle where i got another 100 signatures over saterday & sunday.

I would really appreciate the support.....The local fisherman & hunting guys love the fact i am there & they can get a quick bite to eat .

Thankyou so much again TJ.....

Nauti.

Thankyou so much for posting this TJ.

It is very much appreciated.

I am fighting with Norfolk bylaw as they now want to revoke my licence they issued to me end of March to set up my Hotdog cart outside of rotton ronnies bait & tackle store in Long point....Business has been good and the Locals have been fabulous in welcoming me too long point.....Now they have said there is an issue about Distance between me and an Arcade that also sells hotdogs.....I guess they do not want the competition.

I am fighting Norfolk Bylaw because if there had been an issue about the distance between myself with the cart and the other location they should have done the measurements before Issueing me my licence.

Apparently Bylaw states that any mobile refreshment Vehicle cannot set up with in 250ft of another location that sells the same product....Yet in Port rowan which is also part of long point there is a fry wagon situated not even 75ft from a restaurant.

I have started an online petition and i also have a petition going at rotton ronnies bait & tackle where i got another 100 signatures over saterday & sunday.

I would really appreciate the support.....The local fisherman & hunting guys love the fact i am there & they can get a quick bite to eat .

Thankyou so much again TJ.....

Nauti.

I would think a business called Rotten Ronnie's Bait & Tackle would have bigger customer relations issues than a bit of competition in the neighbourhood.

"Didja wanna little worm slime on that weeny, ma'am, or some boraxed salmon roe spread?"

I for one am always tempted to buy my food at places that also sell live bait. It's all about the freshness I guess.

JF

How far away are you from the arcade? I could see if your 40-50m or more away than whatever, but under that you should respect the other business. Also, have you tried talking to the people at the arcade? Im pretty sure most nerds dont get along too well with the outdoors so go in there with a cool head and talk to the manager and work something out. You do really have to put this all into perspective though, if you owned a resturaunt and someone set up a hotdog stand infront of your business, you too would be a bit irretated. And if they change the rules for you, they have to change the rules for everyone, which will cause more problems for everyone.

Wish you the best with your petition though, the city should realize that the markets you and the arcade are selling too are completly different. :)

Also, what are the rules on the bait place getting the vendors permit instead of you?

Edited by xeon

Thank you so much for posting this TJ.

No Problem... it irks me when someones trying to make a living and stupid govt red tape threatens to mess it up. Good luck.

Also, im sure people could pm m you some support if they are not on facebook!

How far away are you from the arcade? I could see if your 40-50m or more away than whatever, but under that you should respect the other business. Also, have you tried talking to the people at the arcade? Im pretty sure most nerds dont get along too well with the outdoors so go in there with a cool head and talk to the manager and work something out. You do really have to put this all into perspective though, if you owned a resturaunt and someone set up a hotdog stand infront of your business, you too would be a bit irretated. And if they change the rules for you, they have to change the rules for everyone, which will cause more problems for everyone.

Wish you the best with your petition though, the city should realize that the markets you and the arcade are selling too are completly different. :)

Also, what are the rules on the bait place getting the vendors permit instead of you?

Xeon from what i have been told i am about 240 or maybe 245 ft away from the Arcade...I am not out front of there business.....Bylaw apparently says i have to be 250ft..BUT!! If that is the case as i said they should have done the measurements before issueing my licence ...I have a steady clientel and i have had many people return to enjoy a Nautidog.

I don't want to get into it here....More is explained over on facebook.....

JF Rotton ronnies has been in long point for many many years and is well known in long point and does alot of business... ;)

Misfish

The only other place online is my own fishing site & as i said rotton ronnie has the petition book at his store....

I'd imagine the bylaw is FROM their property line... I'd be finding the bylaw.. it's wording etc and using it to YOUR advantage. Your online petition will have absolutely no merit.. especially if the arcade complaint'ent is "connected".

When you applied for the licence... is it listed right on the application where you were setting up shop? If so.. they approved it !

Yup the adress of my Location where my hotdog cart is set up is on my licenece irishfeild.

I am still waiting to get this in writeing..All i have been told is they are going to revoke my licence...Apparently it is not an issue right now because she is not open.....But once she opens if i am there and selling hotdogs they can charge me.... :o

..AS for the petition.....I think it will have merrit......Most of the 100 people who signed my petition over the weekend are from long point... ;) I had people take a drive down to the cart specifically to sign my petition as they had heard that Norfolk bylaw want to revoke my licence.

We did do our own measurement a few weeks back but its hard to know where to measure too when we are not sure where there property line starts at the Arcade.

But that all aside.....

Port rowan has a fry wagon set up not even 75ft from another restaurant........Port rowan is part of long point......

This is also my Argument.

Nauti.

Edited by nautifish

Oh ya, Drove by at 7:00 Sunday evening and all I saw was a tarp over the cart :(

lol...Sorry Dan....We closed her up a little after 4.00pm..I ran out of ft longs a little after 1.00pm.......The ft longs have been selling like hotcakes......I was left with only sausages....lol.....

If you had stopped by in the morning you could have had a free Dawg,,,,I gave free hotdogs to all jimmys customers at rotton ronnies over the weekend as part of his grand opening and also to say thankyou to the community and his customers .

They really have been great!!

This was taken on sunday....

Nautidogs tailgate party...lol

n877980563_6814989_3464201.jpg

Edited by nautifish

Bump....I think I want to drive ALL the way to Long point for a hotdog now Thanks TJ ummm what kind of toppings you got? hmmm

n183913090132_7465.jpg

Located in Longpoint Ontario, Nautidogs is absolutely not just another hotdog. Smoked sausage that will amaze you for size ... I mean thses things are HUGE ! and our footlong IS ONE FOOT LONG ! All beef seasoned deli made weiner ... and trust me, here it is one foot long. Thats 12 inches folks ! Be extra Nauti and try some of our signature Nauti-sauce. Fresh condiments including corn relish, wine saurkraut,Hot peppers,Delicious sliced dill pickles and of course .... amazing fried onions. If you're asked if you want fried onions ..... say YES.You'll be glad you did. So next time in Longpoint, if fishing for a delicious meal...... hook yourself a Nautidog !

LOOK FOR OUR "NAUTIDOGS" IN LONGPOINT BAY !

Located outside Rotton Ronnies bait & Tackle store.

Nautidogs Image is Copyright © 2009.

Contact Info

Email:

Location: 135 Erie Boluvard. LONG POINT BAY Right out side rotton ronnies Bait & Tackle store.

as per Waynes post .get your hands on the bylaw , compare it with your application and go from there.

As far as the chip truck , may not help you with your case .

rules can differ from block to block.They may have a variance.

The city can still flex thier muscle even if they 'approved' you application.

You may have to go in for a variance .That may include a 'neighbourhood poll' .Basicly asking property owners with a set radius if they have any issues with your application . Make sure you know who gets these letters and that as many as possible are on your side and send back postive comments .Otherwise only the naysayers will be heard.

good luck.

TB

Hey nautifish can you post or send me a link to your site as I'm not on facebook.

I think their trying to give you a bumb deal and someones behind it for sure :angry:

SJ You can also sign the petition over at my site......The link is on my Avater below this post & thankyou.

Nauti.