Guelph lake report

jediangler

Went to Guelph lake conservation area as today was their opening for the season. Fished from 1:30pm till 5:30pm catching one small hammerhandle pike and this carp.

26inch.jpg

It was 26 inches long and pulled my kayak for 20 yards before I could land it. I also found this jitterbug hanging in a tree. It'll need some new hooks but it'll cover the $4.25 cost of admission to the park.

treebug.jpg

bug.jpg

Had a little trouble with high winds at the start but after a short rain it calmed down nicely. Glad I decided to bring the rain gear.

shoreboat.jpg

They are doing a demo day tomorrow and Sunday for Swift canoes and kayaks if anyone is interested.

Edited by jediangler

Great report and pics jediangler :thumbsup_anim:

No need to ask you what kind of fight you just had on hooking this brute from that statement "It was 26 inches long and pulled my kayak for 20 yards before I could land it."

Congratulations on landing this beauty carp :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

I was out trying for crappie, but found a bunch of carp and suckers in a hole up a creek arm, so I broke out the old scent bottle and went after them. It is the third and smallest carp I've landed in a kayak. Can't beat them for a great sleigh ride.

I`ve heard stories of some big carp being caught at Guelph lake but i have never seen one swimming around and we used to go there at least once a week just to bbq and hang out.

Its probably not targeted as much because its considered as a garbage fish in some circles and its less attractive then pike or bass or trout.

Love chasing them personally and always give me a run for my money on lighter tackle.