Why do they do that

Dara

I don't let a salespersons talk to me.

I do all my own research.

I take my time When I make a big purchase.

Took 2 years to buy my truck. I got the truck I wanted. :clapping:

Been buying a boat for a year. Have 4 salesmen rapped around my finger.

When it's my money. I am the boss.

In my opinion.

Lund, Allumicraft.

princecraft

polarcraft

mirrorcraft

crestliner

smokecraft

sylvan

crestliner

When I bought my Princecraft last year I did a ton if research. I decided I wanted a riveted hull and then narrowed it down to Lund or Princecraft. I found the Lund dealer unwilling to negotiate under my terms and the Princecraft dealer very willing to negotiate under my terms. I am very happy with my decision.Boat2.jpg

Thanks guys. All the posts have helped me a bunch.

I'll figure this out in the next week or two.

Things are going pretty fast. Offer made and accepted on a lot to build a new house today too :thumbsup_anim:

Better hope you don't have to get anything done on warranty!!

I'll NEVER buy Legend again!!

Why what happened? How old was the boat and what dealer if they had anything to do about it. Thanks

We have a 16 ft. Legend that we bought new in 1990. (Smokercraft riveted hull)

It's gets used on some big water like: L.Simcoe, Georgian Bay, L.Nippising, Bay of Quinte, L.Erie, Kawarthas and L.Ontario.

Never had a leak problem.

Sorry if this has been covered, but did you go to the boat show? Can you wait till the boat show next winter?

You had mentioned that you had made your selection because of what was available in your area and I am wondering, considering the value and life expectancy of your purchase, if that is not a great reason to pick a boat.

The beauty of the boat show is that everyone is there and you will never have a better opportunity to hop in and out of every boat in the class you are looking at. Take notes, compare features (and features are the biggy because all the boats at that level are good) talk to reps, and make deals! When you sit in the different boats you realize things like you can't see the instrument because of the steering wheel, the gas cap is right where you normally hold your hand with your cigarette, the snaps that hold the mooring cover on are right where your line will be on the side of the gunwale, etc, etc.

You have to sit in them to see these things. And remember that when all is said and done, buy a Crestliner.

Jim

P1000584.jpg