Buying Roe

FLEX ROD

Quick question, folks sorry keep asking, I have not kept a Rainbow Hen in years and need to buy some roe any suggestions on where?

I know that BPS has some as I did buy it from them last year, I just did not like the roe any other suggestion on where to get it?

I work downtown and live in the Vaughan area so I am very mobile, Help Please as I realy do need to get some.

Thank you,

FLEX

Thanks guys, I was thinking about Anglers, will give Tom a call and take care of it.

Bill with all of the fishing you have been doing I would expect nothing else but you having a good supply. I just need some with this weather one needs all the tools but my preference is always the Fly.

FLEX

The float rod is been officially put away, unless I get a real urge to use it again :) Definitely looking forward to breaking out the flyrod and the UL outfit.

I'd like to add that ALL my roe has been taken from stateside fish. Nothing from any Ontario tribs.

I'd like to add that ALL my roe has been taken from stateside fish. Nothing from any Ontario tribs.

Being from Western New York, do you feel the comment above is appropriate? Are the state side fish less superior than the trout that swim in Ontario waters? Do the NYS waters not deserve the same coutesy and release practices that you adhere to on your home waters? It is statements like this that cause resentment between the steelhead anglers of NY and Ontario.

From reading your posts, you seem like a very ethical fisherman but your comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Sorry if my comment rubbed you the wrong way, it was never my intent to insult anyone's home waters.

From what I've seen first hand, there is a great difference between a stocked non self sustaining stateside fish and a wild reproducing GBay or Lake O fish. I guess I shouldn't have grouped all stateside fish in one group, because I'm sure you know as well as I do there is a big difference between a fish from say the Catt compared to a few well know rivers down in PA... It's not just my first hand experience, I'll let the genetics of the fish speak for themselves. Do I feel bad taking roe from a stocked fish that will never successfully reproduce? Nope. Would I feel bad if I was taking roe from a fish that had a very good chance of successfully reproducing on either the US or Canadian side? You bet. I hope my original reply didn't provoke thoughts of a person running down the banks slitting fish open and stealing roe :) On a few occasions I used my state limit and bagged a couple of hens, also a couple of shakers for my oldmans plate.

Bill M,

I do agree, thank you for your explanation. Looks like my steelhead season will be winding down this week as well. Might make one more trip down to the crown jewel of WNY and see if she will give up any of her bounty.

Good fishing,

Tom

I hope you do better then I did the last time I was down there. Water was perfect, but only one smaller male to show for my efforts, although the suckers were in pretty thick :)

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Nobody and I mean nobody should feel bad from the harvest of 1 legal fish. That's just playing right into pam's peanut brain.

I'm a 100% user of the outdoors and mostly fishing.

That means I've released maybe 3000 to 8000 steelhead in 51 years.

I've ate every species I've ever caught and released every different fish I've ever caught.

I've fished derby's tournaments I've taking kids fathers grand fathers fishing I've guided worked on charter boats fished for life altering cash.

Basically I've wasted 51 years fishing. No pimple headed 20 something terd has the right to make me feel bad to harvest 1 fish of any species, as long as I eat the fish cure my roe roe and respect the law kiss my.........................

If you think I'm kidding drop around the Ganny and make some pin headed comment near me!!!!!!!!!

I'm tried and think maybe I will catch 500 perch tomorrow keep my LEGAL LIMIT share some with a grandmother next door (technically not legal ) and just chill.

Sorry for ranting

Garnet

Garnet I understand the sentiment completely but it sounds like you're having a bad night or something. :)

John if you still need roe I've got several hundred bags in various sizes and colours that will now be going to waste if you want them...

(You'd have to drive to Grimsby though)

Tom will hook you up with the goodies if your unable to make it to mikes place. all be stopping by toms tonight to give him my savings for a new reel. Maybe I'll see you there if you go.

Edited by silvio