marinas in the Barrie area

kickingfrog

My father in-law bought a new honda 4 stroke over the winter. The quote he got from somewhere was $600 plus to install it. It's a 40hp for a 16ft side console.

Question 1

Is that a reasonable price?

Question 2

Anybody have some marinas in the area that they would recommend?

Question 3

How tough is it for someone who is very mechanical and his son-in-law, who is not, to install an outboard?

Thanks for the input.

Hmm, seems a bit steep for an installation. 2 guys pick up or use the shop lift to put the motor on the transom and install 4 bolts. Attach steering tube and remote unit to the side. I've always had good luck with Sturgeon Point Marina at Wasaga Beach(east end in front of the orange building) not the "other" one. They are a Honda dealer too.

@ 80 hr (thats reasonably shop rate) thats a full day to install it ,its not hard and is very straight forward,if there was a engine already on the boat im assuming there was the holes are already there,only 2 cables on the controls shift and throttle and the harness is all plug and play save some cash do it yourself

Do you know where tiffin and anne st,s meet?Country style and Barrie rentals.

Theres a building there.You will see the name central welding.At the back of th building you will find Bev and Harry.Bev does great work and is very resonable.

Its not hard to install yourself. I did my own. That motor is about 200lbs i think so you should use a lift. There is two wires for the battery. The gas line. The steering and the throttle controls. Adjusting the steering and throttle takes a bit of time but it is easy. You have to get the right length of cables for the throttle and shifter. You can do it.

The place he bought it should put the motor on the transom for free. They were going to hook mine up including the linkage for free.

Never lay that motor down on the wrong side.

Do you know where tiffin and anne st,s meet?Country style and Barrie rentals.

Theres a building there.You will see the name central welding.At the back of th building you will find Bev and Harry.Bev does great work and is very resonable.

I second that. Bev is solid (a bit grumpy sometimes but solid) lol