Don't ferget yer woollies

lew

you got that right lew,brrrrrrrr. :o:wacko: ..even here in oshawa there is a wind chill of around -26 thats nasty and out in the middle of a lake its gonna be alot colder than that.dress real warm everyone good luck and catch lots of fish so we can read your reports later on...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Spent all yesterday afternoon running either the tractor and plow or front end loader putting paths through the snow at the campground for our weekend guests to use. As early evening came on it was cold but bearable. This morning I'm happy I decided to finish the job before I went home last night. When I let Amy out a 5:30 this morning it was the type of cold out there that causes the storm door closer to loose all pressure and a guy in his boxers that was opening it to loose....maybe I'll not go there!.

Edited by Garyv

The best place to be on the ice today is in hut , with a good heater. Imagine all the people who started today with out a hut (I've been there) there thinking I can take a little cold.. Your only human people, jigging in this weather with out shelter even with a good float suit can be fun for about an hour tops. Better hope ya get a fish in that first hour.

iceguy sound advice... I decided not to go out today with my 6 year old Nephew... he was sooooo ramped up for it!! and I wanted to get him out for his first time.... but alas I decided it wasnt worth it after bait and entrance fee to be there for an hour and to see him not having fun due to the cold... I want ice fishing to be something he learns to enjoy! Not something for him to loathe...

I think I made the right call. Sure he was disappointed... what kid wouldnt be? I was just as disappointed I think as well... but he loves to spend time with his uncle and I wont want that to change anytime soon.

Gerritt.

The sad part is, if your into ice fishing, the darn fish turn off when the temperature dips.

The fish can sense the cold even under the ice.

They go to the bottom where the warmer water is.

If you are looking to fish relatively shallow (less than 20 feet), you will probably not get a bite as the fish move to deeper water. :angry: