Skewgog Report

eyefish

Made it out all day today...my brother and I hit our normal spot first thing in the morning...and got nadda for the first hour...we were smellin skunk...that quickly changed the fish showed up just like they always do just a little later is all...no real big flurries of activity but we did manage to get into 8 fish by the time we left the ice at 10. My brother got one about 3 lbs..and a couple other about 2-2.5. I caught 3..only 1 worth mentioning though. We went for breakfast in town and back out again for the evening bite.....man was it slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't touch a fish all night and the brother managed 5 but all 5 combined were about 6 lbs!!!! a few othe guys out there at night and we only saw 1 other fish landed. With this cold front moving in tonight I can probly say that fishing won't be very good this weekend...I know I'm not heading out..the brother is going out in the morning...so I will let you guys know how he made out.

Sorry no pics 2 night batteries died in the camera!!

Good luck all that venture out!

Todd

PS..i did loose a musky in the morning I'm guessing maybe 10 lbs

Edited by eyefish

I was out there this evening as well and iced 2 walleye 16" @ 19" lost 1 at the hole on my jigging rod and was stripped of my minnow on my set line several times, need to add a stinger hook i think. There was a guy beside me that landed 4 between 5:30 @ 6:00pm and his buddy 5 feet away did not get a bite. I also caught several small perch and a nice crappie that had to be released.

WOW...great reports guys,yous both did really well considering the weather system thats moving in,thats a great for scugog.for as hard as it gets hit all the time she still produces some nice catches of walleyes...well done...p.s. i got tired of my batteries dying in my camerea as well especially in the cold so i bought some re-chargeables and they stand up to the cold alot better and last 100% longer too...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: