Weekend Steelhead

troutologist

Spring has slowly loosened winters grip on the rivers and creeks in the area. We had some rain last week that fooled a few trout into heading upstream. The water was still low but cloudy, red spawn bags were the trick to entice the fish stationed in tailouts to hit.

CR_April_4_2009.JPG

I am glad to be back in the open water game! :Gonefishing:

they sell trout at the local store! they are VERY photogenic also! hehe but seriously thank GOD for the store ...stop by there with your pail..bring it home to wifey and voila ..she doesn't think your wasting time and money on this sport lol.

Time to move to southern ontario....been slayin (not literally) steelies of all sizes since about Mid march....

I wouldn't trade living up here for an earlier steelhead season. Just have to icefish a bit longer and a half dozen guys on the river this weekend was a crowd

Drifters got the right idea living up there with monster lakers and increased proximity to Alaska.

I wouldn't trade living up here for an earlier steelhead season. Just have to icefish a bit longer and a half dozen guys on the river this weekend was a crowd

Drifters got the right idea living up there with monster lakers and increased proximity to Alaska.

Exactly, I got tired of all those people and traffic.

That's why I moved away from Southern Ontario.

I miss the steelies but that's it. I couldn't care less about anything else southern ontario has to offer, except Apache Burger!!! :lol:

I certainly don't miss the bad air and high humidity or the useless politicians in Ontario.

Hmmmm, Apache Burger. Just down the street and around the corner, will have to give em a try. But there's pho, Thai, dim sum, and Chutney's rogan josh, chana masala and garlic naan, all in the same neighbourhood. Barcelona's tapas is mie tee fine too, with one of the best single malt collections in Ontario.

I envy Drifter's YK life, at least in the summer, but that's when the restaurant patios open up. I would love to check out some lakers up that way.