Bass opener?

Guest skeeter99
What do the regs say? Usually 3rd Sat in June, depending on the zone.

third saturday in june?

no it is the 4 th saturday in june for central and southern ontario south of new liskeard **roughly**

I usually hits lakes north of new liskeard in early may zone 8 (open all year up there) they have lakes just stocked with bass and the fishing is absolutely phenominal

Edited by skeeter99

I really really really really believe that people should know how to read the regs and read the regs before they are allowed to pick up a fishing rod

here is a link to the regs to help you on your quest

there will be a test after

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...L02_163615.html

ok I am kidding about the test

or am I....LOL

Guest gbfisher
I really really really really believe that people should know how to read the regs and read the regs before they are allowed to pick up a fishing rod

here is a link to the regs to help you on your quest

there will be a test after

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...L02_163615.html

I think it would be great as well Terry...but we all know how backasswards any regs or good books for that matter get interpreted..... :rolleyes:

Long ways off for them Green Carps..Lots of good fish to catch until then though. Not that I'd fish for them myself but.....incidentally they're ok!!...

Edited by gbfisher

They're open year round on Lake Erie (and other inland lakes) on the NY side for those with less patience. A NY non-res license is $40 or so for the year. I read it might be going up to $70 or $80 on a NY based forum, but what can you do, I'll still pay it to not have to wait til late June. Harmonizing the regulations would probably earn the Canadian businesses on Erie some extra money. I'd say 70% of the boats I see at the US launches in the spring are from Ontario.