3 fish(small) in front of the house!!! about time

limeyangler

Hi all,

Grabbed 1/2 an hour in front of the house yesterday evening.............. Not much has been out there this year, but fishing is fishing for me...love it....and being a bit busier now (and for the rest of my life...lol) its convenient, if not very productive when the ice is here.

I'm kinda hoping that this year with the early melt we had, the lack of snow on the ice etc....that it will be as good as the 1st year we were here 2 years ago, the fish had definitely come in to spawn in our bay....and the fishing was HOT for walleye from the end of March till closing day mid April....anyway..................

BYE DADDY.....TIGHT LINES!

byedad.jpg

GOT SET UP 100 YARDS FROM OUR SHORE........3 SMALL FISH IN 15 MINUTES

THEN IT WENT QUIET WHILE THE SUN STARTED TO GO DOWN.......going.....going

going.jpg

GOING..........

goooing.jpg

CHARGE MY JIG ONE LAST TIME BEFORE ITS GONE.............

lastchargeofthejig.jpg

GOOOOING.................................

goooooooooing.jpg

GONE

gone.jpg

A COUPLE MINUTES AFTER SUNSET A FEW FISH STARTED SHOWING ON THE GRAPH...SMALL ONES

A FUN HALF HOUR OR SO....AND AN EVEN BETTER WELCOMING COMMITTEE ON MY RETURN FROM THE ICE

Great report, pics and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Now your talking..... got to love it when you can go out near the house and get into sudden action.... it's a good thing that you can catch small eyes..... means that there is a healthy population of them :thumbsup_anim:

Loved the videos and want to thank you for that :clapping:

Even though them eyes didn't make it in the pan..... you can always go to Matt's house and get a chicken LOL

Your son is so adorable on that video.... thanks for sharing :clapping:

Again great job Simon.... keep it up!!

Jacques

haha what a great report man - I had a smile the whole way through! I've got a baby boy due any day now so that video you took was just perfect! I'm SOOOO stoked for my little man to be born.

Awesome vids of your sonar to. I bet it'll help alot of folks on here who've never used one on the ice before! I'm jealous that you guys live right on the water, but I sure heck wouldn't be living that far north.... The fact that you're still ice fishing gives me chills!

Thanks for the report.

cheers,

UF

Great post Simon, man I would love to be able to fish like that just outside of my house! Man take all the pictures and video's that you can of your son growing up, it happens to fast. Before you know it he'll be all over you about how he skunked you fishing, like mine does to me. And he's only 8!! and I've been hearing it for a few years now :lol::lol:

It's a great feeling for sure :D