Raven Tip

blaque

Woe is me, i dont know how ive lasted this long fishing long, hard to pack float rods at 11'-6", 13'-6", and 14'-0". But ive finally snapped one. My Raven 14ft. IM-8, 3 pc. is now a 13'-6"er :(:(:(:(

I think its two years old, cant remember exactly when the purchase took place, i will check my receipt when i can...........but what are anyones suggestion........GO to the retailer and try and exchange it, or get a hold of Raven direct? How long if this is a replacable situation will this take, whats there policy etc........any input or suggestions. ??? Ive got a whippy St. Croix i can falll back on in the meantime.........

I would try the original point of purchase to start, and go from there. I brought two broken Loomis spinning rods (on two separate occasions) back to where I bought them. They sent them back to Loomis and were replaced with new rods. One time they deemed it a manufacturer's defect and I only had to pay the shipping, and the other time they deemed in my fault and I had to pay for the rod at cost...about 2/3 the original purchase price.

I break one almost every couple years. Im on my third one. Pretty good warranty on the rods. I think it costs half the purchase price for a new one. Bring it back to where you bought it and see if you can get a new one right then and there. I think it depends on the customer relationship you have with the store. You might have to tough it out with the back up rod for the rest of the season.

LOL Blaque... I look at it this way. "I" broke it... it's my problem. Rod will be just fine a tad shorter with a new tip... why go without it and why spend the money to send it in. (wait 'till you break it in the middle! LOL)

I did the "Bill Dance" with a car door to my 6'6" Berkley lightning rod in 1983... and I still fish with it 26 years later @ 3" shorter.

Then there's the Spiel special Musky rod....that thanks to a low steel bridge, or a high boat, is 1.5" shorter.

Neither anybodies fault but my own...even though I could have returned one to LeBarons in '83 and received a new Lightning Rod and last year Spiel could have got me a new Loomis blank.

It's a good reason to have more than one rod in your stable. B)

Personally I have accumulated one 16 footer, three 15's, one 14 and one 11 1/2.

If I break one I just choose another while the broken one is being fixed.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Ive got a back up, but its a little whippy for my taste. Ive come to realy like the IM8. And Ive got enough rods and reels for my other styles of fishing between boat and ice and stream, that its not in the budget to have another.

Edited by Blaque

Woe is me, i dont know how ive lasted this long fishing long, hard to pack float rods at 11'-6", 13'-6", and 14'-0". But ive finally snapped one. My Raven 14ft. IM-8, 3 pc. is now a 13'-6"er :(:(:(:(

I think its two years old, cant remember exactly when the purchase took place, i will check my receipt when i can...........but what are anyones suggestion........GO to the retailer and try and exchange it, or get a hold of Raven direct? How long if this is a replacable situation will this take, whats there policy etc........any input or suggestions. ??? Ive got a whippy St. Croix i can falll back on in the meantime.........

http://www.raventackle.com/raven%20rod%20warranty%20.pdf

http://www.anglersinternational.com/float_rods.html

iv got raven. never replaced it tho. never broke it. but this is what i know.