Weekday trout-fest

Joeytier

Decided to hit the lake and try for some trout, since the conditions were perfect. NO wind, incredibly overcast skies, and a day after a strong east wind (which means off-colour water) meant perfect conditions too good to pass up.

We were fishing by around 5 and found some action right off the bat when I hit one on a twitchbait, only to have line break at the knot. The fish proceeded to dance around on the surface with my bait in its mouth. The next 70-80 minutes or so were quite slow.

Things started to pick up once we found a productive trolling pattern. The majority of our fish came while bringing our baits over a steep drop off tapering off from 9 to 14-15 feet trolling crocodiles and cyclops in natural finishes. We ended up finishing 9 for 11. I was more than happy. There is nothing that compares to the bone jarring hit of a brown.

The biggest fish, weighing in at almost nine pounds exactly.

IMG_014944.jpg

The bigger of the two we landed on a double header right at dusk. From this view, it only looks about 4-5 pounds, but it was incredibly fat, that it was closer to eight.

IMG_0151.jpg

The fog was extremely thick, and coming back after dark was a chore, and saw a boat out there running without lights on. Not a very good idea. :dunno:

Now, back to the tribs with me.

Edited by Joeytier

Awesome fish JT, great report too....if i was fishing for those the description of the bait/tactics would be very helpful.

Cant believe you guys are already in boats...lol.

Forget that tourney sign again and there will be hell to pay....lol.

Good stuff, now get to the tribs with your tourney sign.