Quick Steel Report

KelfuN

everyone's been pounding steelheads here and there and i was anxious to get out. Knowing the conditions would be tough, i still went to try my luck since this is my only day off and the rain coming this weekend will blown some rivers out..

starting at about 10am, the deepest holes of the rivers were so clear i could see bottom.

headed to another trib, looked more promising..but vis was at least 3 feet

i was about to end my day early since the wind started picking up. along with the choppy water my float was going up and down on the surface of the water..

my float suddenly tilted sideways, which was weird..so i set the hook, and fish on! after about 10 seconds i realized i was using 2lb leader :D

i almost pooped my pants a few times when the fish took off right into the logs...i guess thats the trill with light leaders...

heres the spunky little guy, unfortunately the only fish for the day <_<

DSC00386.jpg

Nice fish. And good on you for heading out in the not-so-promising conditions. I headed out today and got the skunk. Still worth it!

same here, you could see everything in the water today where I was and was sent packing with not even a hit to show for it...

Nice fish BTW!

Great story....enjoyed the read.

LOLOL....i dont have steelhead fishing up here, but i know the feeling when you finally hook what ill probably be the only fish of the day, and its a good one and it heads to the rocks/weed/branches.....congrats on landing it with a 2lb leader.

I have confidence in light leaders..

one time i couldnt hook crap all day in a pool where i knew there were fish, the minute i downsize to 2lb leader...i get 3 hits one after another.

Hey man if it works for you then thats what counts!

Personally I dont think I could land a sunfish on a 2 lb lead with my fishing style